My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 27, 2014, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 27, 2014, 11:28:43 AM
...1 x 1/72 Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk1 at a nice 80.32% discount. No idea what to do it as yet...

Floats?

Once again - mind reading!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on June 29, 2014, 07:08:21 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 27, 2014, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 27, 2014, 11:28:43 AM
...1 x 1/72 Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk1 at a nice 80.32% discount. No idea what to do it as yet...

Floats?

Once again - mind reading!

I'm ahead of you there --

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Single float? Nice!

Btw: just got hands on a 1/100 Macross TACTICAL POD REGULT MISSILE CARRIER - I suppose that noooen knows what that is, but I had an itch to build one or two mechas...  :rolleyes:

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 30, 2014, 05:07:52 AM
Single float? Nice!

Btw: just got hands on a 1/100 Macross TACTICAL POD REGULT MISSILE CARRIER - I suppose that noooen knows what that is, but I had an itch to build one or two mechas...  :rolleyes:

<- Does  :cheers:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

Bob, if you're going to use the old Airfix Blenheim, you may want to think about chopping a Beaufighter for the tail surfaces.  The Airfix one is flat.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Single float? Nice!

Well that is one of the two floats that the Bolingbroke (Canadian Blenheim) got fitted out with   ;) , they are huge compared to the fuselage.  Mind you, it's not a very good photo of it because it doesn't show the near edge of the top very well so makes it look too big,  I've got a really good 3-View of it which John Adams gave me

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 30, 2014, 06:28:38 AM
Bob, if you're going to use the old Airfix Blenheim, you may want to think about chopping a Beaufighter for the tail surfaces.  The Airfix one is flat.

I don't follow Lee

Gondor

From ebay today

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa He 111 H-6 which is indeed the same as the Revell He 111 H-6. To be Romanian I think.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 30, 2014, 10:31:31 AM

I don't follow Lee

Ye olde Airfix Blenheim - the tail surfaces are flat, they have no aerofoil section, so replace the entire tail with one from the old Airfix Beaufighter.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 30, 2014, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on June 30, 2014, 10:31:31 AM

I don't follow Lee

Ye olde Airfix Blenheim - the tail surfaces are flat, they have no aerofoil section, so replace the entire tail with one from the old Airfix Beaufighter.

Thanks for the tip Lee

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 30, 2014, 10:27:47 AM
Single float? Nice!

Well that is one of the two floats that the Bolingbroke (Canadian Blenheim) got fitted out with   ;) , they are huge compared to the fuselage.  Mind you, it's not a very good photo of it because it doesn't show the near edge of the top very well so makes it look too big,  I've got a really good 3-View of it which John Adams gave me

Something odd with this photo ? The float farthest away looks quite a bit shorter ? And it's not the angle of the aircraft to the viewer because it isn't that great. Or is it me ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2014, 06:36:00 AM
Something odd with this photo ? The float farthest away looks quite a bit shorter ? And it's not the angle of the aircraft to the viewer because it isn't that great. Or is it me ?

It's called perspective Chris...........  ;D

Plus the pic is taken quite close to the wingtip using a wide angled lens too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 01, 2014, 06:53:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2014, 06:36:00 AM

It's called perspective Chris...........  ;D

I know that, it just looks far to big a difference to me. The front of the floats are not "out" by as much as the rear of the floats would appear to be ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Quote from: scooter on June 30, 2014, 05:26:53 AM
Single float? Nice!

<- Does  :cheers:

Been wanting a Regult for years, saw one on ebay but they wanted nearly £50 for the1/100th kit. no way I'm paying that much!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)