My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 02, 2014, 07:16:46 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 01, 2014, 06:53:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2014, 06:36:00 AM
Something odd with this photo ? The float farthest away looks quite a bit shorter ? And it's not the angle of the aircraft to the viewer because it isn't that great. Or is it me ?

It's called perspective Chris...........  ;D

I know that, it just looks far to big a difference to me. The front of the floats are not "out" by as much as the rear of the floats would appear to be ?

They are the same size Chris --

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Old Wombat

Something odd with this photo ? The float farthest away looks quite a bit shorter ? And it's not the angle of the aircraft to the viewer because it isn't that great. Or is it me ?

I know that, it just looks far to big a difference to me. The front of the floats are not "out" by as much as the rear of the floats would appear to be ?

Actually, Chris, it's the other way 'round, the front of the floats have a larger separation than the rear of the floats. This is because the photo is taken from a little back from the centre line of the wing, so that the rear float struts are aligned.

:cheers:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

The Bolingbroke was equipped with Edo floats, the closest I could find for it are some 1/48 DHC Otter floats but I've had to shorten and slim them down to the 3-View drawing.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

A Matchbox SA.365 Dauphin, an Italeri EH-101 "Cormorant" SAR helicopter and a vintage Smer Dewoitine D.510, all in 1:72.

Also watching out for a Macross "Regult" Tactical Pod in 1:100, but these are hard to find (at reasonable prices).

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 02, 2014, 11:25:02 AM

I know what I meant, the problem is nobody else did  ;D ;D ;D

I can see they are the same in the head on shot Robert, thanks for that. Regardless of my eye sight it's interesting to see how large the floats are....same size as well  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, Chris, it's the other way 'round, the front of the floats have a larger separation than the rear of the floats. This is because the photo is taken from a little back from the centre line of the wing, so that the rear float struts are aligned.

:cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

As a divination to the thread drift, I received today from ebay

1 x 1/72 scale Microscale Decal set 72-0107 F-102 Delta Dagger, 317 FIS, California and Wisconsin ANG

Ideal for adding to whiff Century series aircraft

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Another addition from ebay

1 x 1/72 Fujimi Royal Collection Alcock & Brown Phantom FGR2

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Martin H

I did wonder if it might be you I was bidding against ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on July 04, 2014, 11:09:52 AM
I did wonder if it might be you I was bidding against ;D

It was still a decent price that I got it for, much higher and I would have let it go.

Might do it in desert camo just like on Spinners thread, but then again I might not.

Gondor

Army of One

Said I wasn't gonna buy any models recently.....but gave in today to the £9.99 REVELL 1/144 Bear D.....what a spanking kit....might get another.....not all thirsty little jets you know.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on July 04, 2014, 10:36:17 AM

Gondor

Nice one Alastair, that's a LOVELY kit!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 04, 2014, 08:20:15 PM
Quote from: Gondor on July 04, 2014, 10:36:17 AM

Gondor

Nice one Alastair, that's a LOVELY kit!  :thumbsup:

I agree Kit. It's the second boxing I have of the Alcock & Brown aircraft, the other not being the Royal version with the photo etch and white metal. The other Royal kit I have is the 25th Anniversary FGR.1 in Raspberry Ripple. The main thing is that its a Fujimi Phantom and from the second batch with the more correct detail.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

I didn't know there WERE two versions, I'll have to check on mine and see which one it is.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

From my local (Dutch) toy shop because they were half price
And it would have been rude not to  :rolleyes: 2 x RoG Hunter FGA.9's which takes
The stash total to 10 ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 05, 2014, 01:20:51 AM
I didn't know there WERE two versions, I'll have to check on mine and see which one it is.

Ask Thorvic, he knows which versions are the better ones, I think its the one with the higher Range Number, such as H-17 as opposed to H-8.

Gondor