My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 16, 2014, 12:02:32 PM
Got the shipping quote....$18.00 plus $8 in taxes making my 45 dollar order almost 70 ! Might back off....what a shame postage is such a rip off.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ouch.
IME Canadian shipping costs are cheap compared to getting stuff from the US.  To here anyway.
But maybe that's because your post office will still send packages on ships.  Something the USPS (and Australia Post for that matter) seem to not want to do anymore.
Getting models sent by sea is great because they take so long to arrive you've forgotten you bought them and it's like getting a present.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

2 new additions

-Revell 1/72 Messerschmitt Me262
-Revell 1/144 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Quote from: zenrat on July 17, 2014, 04:09:39 AM
Getting models sent by sea is great because they take so long to arrive you've forgotten you bought them and it's like getting a present.

I like it !

:lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 16, 2014, 11:50:30 PM
Got hands on a cheap Revell X-32 in 1:72 - will probably end up as donation kit for at least two mash-up projects...  :wacko:

Got the Italeri boxing of that only a short time ago.  That is one butt-ugly aircraft ---

I got it because I've been told the canopy used on the real thing was an AV-8B canopy and as I've manage to break about four of my Airfix ones (which are too wide across the base so when you try to squeeze it to fit the fuselage  -- SNAP!), so thought I could make a mould and bash some replacements.  Problem is, it's even bigger  :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 17, 2014, 05:58:01 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 16, 2014, 11:50:30 PM
Got hands on a cheap Revell X-32 in 1:72 - will probably end up as donation kit for at least two mash-up projects...  :wacko:

Got the Italeri boxing of that only a short time ago.  That is one butt-ugly aircraft ---

The X-32 was, in certain circles, deemed to be one of the most potent air - air fighters around. Why?
Well as soon as your opponent saw you he would be helpless with laughter for at least a minute giving you time to get in that killing shot.  :blink: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Howard of Effingham

added to the stash.....

1/35 tamiya Chieftain Mk5 MBT

and for different reasons i too am VERY, VERY hacked off with postal charges.  :banghead: :banghead: its
amazing how annoying our respective country's mail systems can be to many and varied whiffers.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Spey_Phantom

just placed an order for additional decals at DACO Products

-Skyline Decals 1/144 787-8 TUI-/Arke-/Jetair fly decals (for the revell 787 i got this morning)
-1/72 Belgian Spitfire Mk.9/14 decals (whiff fodder, these will go great on other aircraft, like a P-51D  :mellow:)
-1/72 F-84f Thunderstreak serials/codes decals
-1/72 Belgian Army Vehicle decals (for Armour, modern vehicles,... would go great on revell's new GTX Boxer, or Hummers,....)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Nils on July 17, 2014, 07:43:55 AM
-1/72 Belgian Spitfire Mk.9/14 decals (whiff fodder, these will go great on other aircraft, like a P-51D  :mellow:)

THAT sounds sexy...  :ph34r:

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 17, 2014, 08:07:21 AM
Quote from: Nils on July 17, 2014, 07:43:55 AM

THAT sounds sexy...  :ph34r:

these belgian markings would look equally good on a prop' engined Corsair [of a similar variant to that the FAA used] i reckon. matter of fact belgian roundels look good on many wiffs!  :wub:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

Yup, they add some unusual colors.

A Belgian Navy Corsair?  :blink:

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 18, 2014, 05:09:23 AM
Yup, they add some unusual colors.

A Belgian Navy Corsair?  :blink:

Now that's a thought  :thumbsup: I have some Aeronvale sheets where the anchor is supplied as a separate item and I have some Belgian post war roundels. Corsairs ? To many to shake a lambs tail at  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 18, 2014, 06:58:00 AM
Now that's a thought  :thumbsup: I have some Aeronvale sheets where the anchor is supplied as a separate item and I have some Belgian post war roundels.

THAT sounds like a plan...  ;)

Gondor

From ebay today

1 x 1/144 BRAZ Models SVC-10 Conversion Kit

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on July 18, 2014, 10:26:48 AM
From ebay today

1 x 1/144 BRAZ Models SVC-10 Conversion Kit

Gondor

I'd like to hear how you get on with that Alastair. I've looked at the conversion a few times, but I still have a Welsh Models vacform Super VC10 in The Loft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

darthspud

Revell Halifax from Amazon for a good price and alternate marking decals from Hannants.
Might do a real world 10 Sqn as I've discovered my great uncle served with them in the middle east during WWII
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!