My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Payne

Picked up a cheap Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR.1 giftset yesterday in Meadowhall.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

NARSES2

Quote from: Caveman on July 26, 2014, 01:05:53 PM
I'm looking to increase my stash with a 1:72 martlet 1. Can anyone recommend a good one?

The AZ kit is limited run but a the good end of that genre. I've built a few AZ/Admiiral kits and the latter ones in particular are very nice.

As far as I know this is one of the only Martlet I's on the market ? Others may know better however  :thumbsup:

Chris

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZM73019
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 26, 2014, 08:41:44 AM
1/32???

Yes Kit, but it is WWI and it is a bi-plane and it is gorgeous  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

Steel Penguin

a set of the " all quiet on the Martian front"  scout tripods,  there just big enough to pear through the 1st floor of houses in 28mm ( 156-1:48),  and will look " taller than the highest steeple" in 6mm (1:300)  ooooolaaa
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Three RAF rubber ducks, red, white and blue in flying helmet and scarf.

From Cleethorpes Airshow, for the kids, of course. ;)  Saw these and immediately thought Radish could do with some for Biggles.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on July 28, 2014, 01:25:32 AM

From Cleethorpes Airshow, for the kids, of course. ;)  Saw these and immediately thought Radish could do with some for Biggles.
I like the sound of them.  got any pics?

Quote from: zenrat on July 19, 2014, 03:39:16 AM
Three Heyfords arrived from evil-bay at my euro stash yesterday.
The seller stated "all with problems. 1 started, 1 incomplete, 1 for spares".
Which I translate as "Ideal whiff fodder".

I've now got my hands on these (flying visit to the old dart to pick them up...oh, and my mothers 70th birthday party).  I love Evil-Bay.  Especially when people don't really look too closely at what they are selling.
These came in 3 1980 release Matchbox boxes and the listing said something along the lines of "we can't be bothered to check all the bits are there - sold as seen"
First box I opened contained an unbuilt Heyford partially off the sprues and missing the "glass".
Second box contained a complete but glue bombed Heyford (fuselage, wings and nacelles built).
Third box contained three complete Heyfords partially off the sprues with some painting done but no assembly.  It also contained a film canister containing white metal seats and control wheels.
I got three sets of instructions and one set of decals plus a set of Walrus decals.
Don't like to gloat but...
...woohoo! bargain!
Pass me the glue, I feel a 10 winged Art Deco air leviathan bristling with guns and engines is a possibility...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2014, 02:59:39 AM
Quote from: Mossie on July 28, 2014, 01:25:32 AM

I like the sound of them.  got any pics?

I got them from the RAF Association stall.  I can't find the exact same ducks online, there are a few types but none the same as I picked up.  It seems they're new stock or a special.  They where £2 each, or three for £5 and the blue one is in the pale RAF flag blue.   I'll try and get a pic of them and post it up.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

talking of radish and ducks, i'm sure he mentioned a few ideas for these at the birmingham show yesterday.

[i'll just await the photos....  :wacko: ]

anyhow, at b'ham which was a VERY warm show [everybody seemed to be wilting visibly] and where the cafe did
a good line in bacon sarnies, i added....

a couple of 1/48 S-3 Viking, one with the ES-3A bits added into a US-3A COD variant in an esci box and the other
the latest italeri ES-3A TASES re-box, as the first had no instructions. i also found a suitable and colorful S-3
decal sheet from collect-a-kit.

a box of 1/48 hasegawa air and groundcrew figures with various bits of GSE [for the above]

1/72 cyber-hobby/dragon SH-3D sea king

an assortment of etched brass for subjects as diverse as 1/35 M113 and 1/72 F-15C and several assorted other
decal sheets and weathering fluids.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Leading Observer

More deliveries from eBay: Kitech Eurocopter HAP-Tiger, Italeri AH-64A Apache and Hobbycraft Yak 38 Forger A, all 1:72
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Captain Canada

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 26, 2014, 11:30:42 AM
the MiG 29 was a Heller one when they were both owned by Humbrol.

...and upon trying to build the thing I rescind my previous comment about it being a nice kit  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Airfix 1/72 Tiger Moth (red/silver one) and a Zvezda 1/100 Busty the Cropslayer from Planes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

From ebay

1 x 1/72 set of decals which include the Arrow Head for a Combat Lancer aircraft which I have been after for ages  :thumbsup:  only problem is I don't know much about the rest of what is on the decal sheet  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

I've got that sheet too, and I think the stuff in the bottom right hand corner may be for an F-102 or -106.

Wasn't it one of the freebies that came stapled to the centre pages of an issue of SAM?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 28, 2014, 02:35:48 PM
I've got that sheet too, and I think the stuff in the bottom right hand corner may be for an F-102 or -106.

WaANG F-102

And I want to say the Army decals are for a Cobra belonging to the 25ID
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng