My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

yet another couple of ebay purchases turned up at work today.

1 x 1/72 Meng G.91R Love the decal option for the US Army which makes that a must build, but not for this kit as I have another idea for it and several more. Greek, Turkish, Israeli, Singapore or Brazil spring to mind.

1 x 1/72 Novo Vickers Vimy Mk IV Heavy Bomber. No idea what I will be doing with this one other than not using the decals as the red centre is not in the centre  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Tamiya 1/35 Flakpanzer Gepard from Japan via Amazon as kitbash fodder
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

MMK 1/35th Tatra 87

Profil24 1/24th Golden Arrow LSR

Gondor

I arrived home to a package from Model Kits Online in Australia today...

1 x 1/72 Aussie Decals F-4E Phantom - RAAF 1 & 6 Squadrons. Real world for my Phantom theme build. Just leaves Egyptian, Spain and S.Korea F-4E decals and three Hasegawa F-4F kits, and yes that is right as they will be converted to F-4E's by swapping the tail surfaces with the F-4B kits which have slatted tails for the F-4N version, then its back to whiff F-4 stash building  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Chris Payne

Picked up the new Airfix 1/72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.I at my local club night tonight.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Mr.Creak

Just got an Airfix Mirage III from Ebay.
In the last week or so I've also picked up Novo/ Frog 1/96 Caravelle (to be whiffed into a 72 scale "executive jet"), a couple of Altaya/ Amercom ready-made EBR-75 armoured cars, Under Fire miniatures Rhodesian African Rifles infantry (bush hats and FN SLRs - perfect for 60s period SAS jungle warfare types) and some Elhiem Dien Bien Phu-period French paras.
All for my master-plan "Latin American" wargames campaign.
What if... I had a brain?

Dizzyfugu

An Airfix 1:72 Pucara - finally. Plan is to convert it into the single seater, of which a prototype was built and tested.

The Wooksta!

Two more AZ Spitfire Tr.9s were snaffled from Uncle Frank this morning.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

JayBee

Quote from: Mr.Creak on August 08, 2014, 03:18:57 PM
Novo/ Frog 1/96 Caravelle (to be whiffed into a 72 scale "executive jet"),

Now that is a good idea.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Spey_Phantom

Currently at my GFs place, we just got back from Ursel wings & wheels.
Got some new stash editions  ;)

-1/48 hobbycraft Arado ar234
-1/72 revell bv p.194
-1/72 mig21 unknown polish brand
-1/144 relell tornado ids/gr1 old boxing
And 2 Heller 1/144 Mirage 2000-5Fs
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 05, 2014, 06:36:03 AM
Another new tool Airfix Blenheim MkI  :thumbsup:

Not really sure to what to do with this one. May get the Hendon 1940 treatment, may get a desert scheme for service in Aden at the time of the Ethiopian campaign, may even become Swedish ?

Spanish Civil War Republican : Western powers think twice about the arms embargo and let the Spanish Government buy stuff legitimately again.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on August 09, 2014, 03:13:41 PM

Not really sure to what to do with this one. May get the Hendon 1940 treatment, may get a desert scheme for service in Aden at the time of the Ethiopian campaign, may even become Swedish ?

Spanish Civil War Republican : Western powers think twice about the arms embargo and let the Spanish Government buy stuff legitimately again.

Civilian.  Either an express mail plane or the precursor to executive jets.
Maybe with Merlins or Griffons (with contra props) or Darts.
Maybe QANTAS or TAA scheme.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That's an idea  :thumbsup: France probably would have armed the Republicans if it's own Government had felt stronger and the Republic had been more stable. GB on the other hand ? Doubtfull and there is some evidence that the Nationalists received some unofficial help from RN sources in Gibraltar. Radio intercepts and such.

However in wif world anything is possible, cheers Harold  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

from todays Avon show.

1/72nd
Airfix Avro Vulcan B-2.
Airfix GD F-111A.
Fujimi Douglas A-1H.
Fujimi Sikorsky HSS-2B.
Fujimi Mig-29 Fulcrum A.
AZmodel Spitfire Tr-8. (civilian)
AZmodel Spitfire Tr-9. (irish/Indian)
Hasegawa P-3C Orion.
ESCI C-130K.
Modelsvit An-10 Ukriane.

1/144th
Airfix Airbus A300.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2014, 05:31:18 AM

That's an idea  :thumbsup: France probably would have armed the Republicans if it's own Government had felt stronger and the Republic had been more stable. GB on the other hand ? Doubtfull and there is some evidence that the Nationalists received some unofficial help from RN sources in Gibraltar. Radio intercepts and such.

However in wif world anything is possible, cheers Harold  :thumbsup:

You're welcome. It's basically the background I worked out for my intended contributions to the SCW GB that ran a few years ago, but when the time came, work went crazy and I never finished anything.

The basic idea came from the fact that  UK policy towards the Republic was influenced by the impression that they were far more left-wing than they really were, and this impression mostly came from ONE official in the Foreign Office (who's name escapes me), who, it later turned out, had fascist sympathies, and his agent in Madrid. In my background, the official had to step down due to ill health and his agent got accidentally caught in the cross-fire in an early gun battle, so new, better people were appointed who fed the UK government a much more accurate picture of the real state of affairs.

This lead to a change of policy based on two ideas:

1. By helping the Republican government, the UK would be helping to keep the centre-left moderates in power and thereby shut out the Communists and Anarchists,

2. If the Republicans put up a better fight, Germany and Italy would be forced to commit more support to the Nationalists, getting them bogged down in a "quagmire" situation that would cost them resources and distract them from their preparations for war. The western powers could avoid the same quagmire by not committing troops on the ground as Germany and Italy had done, but just by selling arms to the Republic under normal commercial terms (the Republic had plenty of money, what they didn't have was arms or the skill to buy and use them).

Feel free to use this background and/or adapt it any way you like. The chance of me ever getting around to building the models and writing it up fully any time soon are remote and it may never happen at all.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones