My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2014, 01:41:28 AM
I received my free kit for subscribing to AMW (posted from Belgium).
Airfix 1/72 Hurricane Mk1 rather poorly packed so the box was squashed.  No damage although the canopy has been pushed off the sprue.

Stuff I have had from Airfix has been exceptionally well packed, but that was from the UK
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

From ebay, Hasegawa 1/72 Europe Aircraft weapons set, Eastern Express P-63A and Polikarpov I-185
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Old Wombat

On their way here to me on the Island (all Live Resin);

1 ea.    1/35 UH60 /Mi-8 /MI-17 Cargo Door M134D Mount
2 ea.    1/35 UH60/Mi-8/MI-17 Cargo Door M240H Mount
1 ea.    1/35 M240H Dillon Aero Standard 200 Round Ammunition Cans (8pcs)
1 ea.    1/35 Armour Turret Base for Mount Turret on All Vehicles (already have 3 of these - they go with the SAG turrets)
4 ea.    1/35 Save-A-Gunner (S.A.G.) Turret for all Vehicles
2 ea.    1/35 M3D/Dragon M-50 .50 Caliber Machine Gun with 6000 Round Box and Elastic Feed
5 ea.    1/35 MAG 58 GSMG (General Support Machine Gun), L7A2 GPMG (General Purpose MG)
3 ea.    1/35 Resin Ammo Belts 7.62x51mm NATO (.308" Winchester) - Resin Parts

And this lot should be at home by now;

1 ea.    1/350 Modern US SLQ-32 ECM & SRBOC Chaff (Veteran Models)
2 ea.    1/350 Mk.38 Mod2 25mm Chain Gun with Mk-53 Nulka Decoy System (Veteran Models)
1 ea.    1/350 RIM-116 RAM Launcher (Veteran Models)
1 ea.    1/35 Vietnam War Series - "Patroling" (5 fgures) (Master Box)
1 ea.    1/35 Toyota Hilux Pick-Up Truck with ZPU-2 AA Gun (Meng)
1 ea.    1/35 Remote Controlled Weapon Station for MRAPs and M1 Abrams (Live Resin)

And this is on top of my SAPMA Expo scores of;

1 ea.    1/48 CAC CA-13 Boomerang (Special Hobby)
1 ea.    1/48 FW.190A-? (Eduard?)
1 ea.    1/35 M2A3 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle with BUSK III (Meng) - too nice to Whif, think I'll have to buy a Tamiya Kit for that.
1 ea.    1/35 resin figures - can't remember which or who by (Alpine, Bravo6, Callsign & Legend are all in the mix)
plus a couple of kits which I can't recall at this time.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 06, 2014, 06:44:16 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2014, 01:41:28 AM
I received my free kit for subscribing to AMW (posted from Belgium).
Airfix 1/72 Hurricane Mk1 rather poorly packed so the box was squashed.  No damage although the canopy has been pushed off the sprue.

Stuff I have had from Airfix has been exceptionally well packed, but that was from the UK

This may not have been packed by Airfix but by the magazine subscription people - one subscribes through a website separate from both Airfix and AMW.

Anyway, it survived and today was joined by an Italeri Caproni Ca-311 (no-box so the price was lovely) from e-bay.  It will be civillianised.  Possibly in Frankston Skycabs Yellow & checkerboard livery.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Finally bit the bullet and bought that Kittyhawk F-101A. Now I'm not sure why.....oh well.

Also grabbed another Airfix FA.2 SHAR.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 07, 2014, 11:00:16 AM
Finally bit the bullet and bought that Kittyhawk F-101A. Now I'm not sure why.....oh well.

Because you want to stick a hull and floats on it???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Steel Penguin

from Ground Zero Games
a Visionary deep range explorer   and a Sol class extended range super dreadnought    2 more star ships for the UNSC fleet
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

Quote from: Mossie on November 07, 2014, 11:22:54 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on November 07, 2014, 11:00:16 AM

Because you want to stick a hull and floats on it???

Now that would certainly be different !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Got hands on a 1:72 Pavla Hawker Typhoon Ib - considering a "Naval Typhoon", which was actually proposed. Should look nice in FAA colors (and with a hook)?

Steel Penguin

from telford today, all 1:35
an afc club Churchill bobbin tank,
from diopark  the twin 100cc Japanese bike pack
and from Zoukei mura inc  an Edelweiss experimental tank ( I have no idea whether its from a manga or anime, but it looked utterly brill on the stall, I just wish they hadn't run out of extra crew for it, though ill pick them up later)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

From Telford today (all 1/72nd scale):

Freightdog FGA Lightning conversion
Freightdog A-4C Skyhawk nose (from Trevor: cheers!)
Heller Mirage IIIE (gift from Geoff: cheers!)
Bagged Airfix Banshee
Bagged Academy Mig-23
F4Models etched brass Skyhawk boarding ladder
2 x brand new Special Hobby AH-1G Hueycobras, bagged, with no decals, etch or resin (but still perfectly buildable) for £6 each...!!!!!!

Going back tomorrow.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

At Telford I've only bought 2 kits. So far...

Another Revell SST set for the bargain price of £12, they go for £40 on ebay!
Fuji T-1 jet trainer, a rare bargain in the kit swap and just £3.

Maybe more to come?  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Has anyone here ever actually swapped kits in a Kit Swap/Swap and Sell/Swap Meet?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

From Telford (all 1/72nd scale unless stated and all bargains one way or another):

Yesterday:

Freightdog FGA Lightning conversion
Freightdog A-4C Skyhawk nose (from Trevor: cheers!)
Heller Mirage IIIE (gift from Geoff: cheers!)
Bagged Airfix Banshee
Bagged Academy Mig-23
F4Models etched brass Skyhawk boarding ladder
2 x brand new Special Hobby AH-1G Hueycobras, bagged, with no decals, etch or resin (but still perfectly buildable) for £6 each...!!!!!!

Today:

Airfix A-4B/P Skyhawk
Azur PZL 24A/C "Turkish Air Force"
Art Model MiG Ye-8/2
Another Special Hobby AH-1G Hueycobra
Bagged Hasegawa Grumman F11F-1 Tiger
PJ Productions 2 x French high altitude pilots (resin)
PJ Productions 2 x Martin Baker Mk.4 ejection seats (resin)
2 x Harrier Brand Sea Harrier FRS.1 ejection seats (white metal)
2 x Harrier Brand Buccaneer S.2B MB Mk.6 ejection seats (white metal)
2 x Aeroclub Etendard MB Mk.4B ejection seats (white metal)
Braz 1/144th scale Canadair Northstar conversion (4 x merlin engines plus spinners) (resin)
Kingfisher Modern British Army Bins
Kingfisher Crates
Kingfisher Aerial bases
Kingfisher Aerials
Various tools and supplies

Quite restrained really: I've got an awful lot of kits and supplies to be going on with and I'm trying not to spend too much money at the moment. Things I looked at longingly but passed on:

Hobbyboss A-10s and A-10NAWs for £9 each
Airfix new-tool Harriers at £7 each
Fine Molds 1/48th Porco Rosso Savoia ticketed at £35 but with some kind of discount
Just about everything on the PJ productions stand
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Telford swag (all 1/72*):

Heller Lansen for a freind, kindly found by Geoff at the Glasgow show
Revell F9F-4/5 Panther from Nicks stash
Academy A-10A also from Nicks stash
Heller Canadair CL-415
Revell Breguet Atlantic
Smer SC-1 Seahawk
Smer Piper L4 Cub*
PJ Productions Transport pilots pack of 3
Syh@rt Secure Civile decal sheet, many markings for CL-215, Conair Firecat (S-2 Tracker) and Fokker Friendship

* I swear it was 1/72 when I bought it.  Pixies swapped it with a 1/48 kit before I got back to the SIG stand.  Gave the guys a good laugh anyway.....
:banghead: :rolleyes: :lol:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.