My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Quote from: Thorvic on November 17, 2014, 11:13:40 AM
From Antics On-line

Revell 1/72 S-100 Schnellboot & Flak38

Found i had a pair of the initial boxings but not the Flak 38 kit that has a few other extras too

So what wunderkit is that going to be tranformed into?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

The model concession in the old Alders in Croydon still has it's 1/2 price or better sale and had some stuff that interested me for a change.

1/72 Tamiya A6M2b Zero for £7.99 - gorgeous model  :wub:

1/72 Revel P-47 Thunderbolt. This may just become a parts donor but at £3.25

They also have Humbrol paints at 1/2 price so I stocked up on a few, be rude not to  ;)

The lad in there reckons they have until early 2015 and that will be it  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

On the way from HLJ:
1/35 Tamiya, Mk.IV Male - motorized, which will be fun.

1/200 Aoshima, Barracuda from Future Boy Conan.

Hobby 1999 page on the kit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10283500

From Coopers Models 50% Off Sale:
1/32 Aerotech Macchi M.39 racer
:thumbsup:

Leading Observer

From Amazon Zvezda 1/72 TB-7 Soviet heavy bomber and from ebay Matchbox Mystere IV.A, Airfix Club Harrier GR 7 & FA2, and Revell Fw 190F-8 & Bv 246 Hagelkorn
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay:

Atlantis 60th Scale "Adamski" flying saucer.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I went to the LHS for paint, glue & tube and came back with a 1/72 Italeri Macchi MC-205 Veltro

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

from an afternoon shopping in Brugges  :mellow:

-Revell 1/144 EA-18G Growler
-Minicraft 1/144 KC-97G Refueling tanker  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Just won on Evil-Bay a 1/72 Airfix Ford Tri-Motor.
Possibly short of a few parts, started and no decals but cheap enough and a good source of seats for civilianising a Ca311.
Hmmmm, Trimotor with Heyford nacelles...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 20, 2014, 05:59:54 PM
Just won on Evil-Bay a 1/72 Airfix Ford Tri-Motor.
Possibly short of a few parts, started and no decals but cheap enough and a good source of seats for civilianising a Ca311.
Hmmmm, Trimotor with Heyford nacelles...

Now the clear fuselage that comes with the recent SH Ca311 would make a good sight seeing aircraft  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Got some kits cheap from Creative Models last week.
Airfix Fw190A-8/F-8
Meng Convair F-102A
Meng Fiat G-91R
Revell AB212/UH-1N
EFC145 Polizei

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

From ebay:

Pack of miscellaneous 2nd hand low-vis RAF decals

Italeri 1/72nd F/A-18E Super Hornet - 'cos it was hard-to-ignore cheap. Might keep it or might sell it: dunno yet..
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Chris Payne

Christmas shopping in Leeds today and thought this was too good to pass up.

Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk.1 - £20 in Hobbycraft.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Mossie

Good deal.  :thumbsup: And nearly worth it just for the box art, can't go wrong with a classic BoB mêlée.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

From AJ Aviation (son of Aviation Hobby Shop) a tin of Humbrol 209 Fluorescent Fire Orange and a Revell 1/72 Macchi MC.200.  The latter because I could and I recall seeing it in the shops as a kid.  Box art I recall was a little unusual in that the aircraft was depicted in an inverted position.

Anyway, had planned whiffery with a Mercury engine on the front but then when I opened the box I realised how tiny the aircraft actually is, and that the Mercury would swamp it!  The decal sheet is nice so realworldery beckoned (Italian markings), but I am tempted to finish it as a captured example in RAF markings.  Out of my usual subject zone so a nice distraction when I get to it.  I think I'll build it alongside my KP Avia S-199.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on November 22, 2014, 10:13:27 AM
Good deal.  :thumbsup: And nearly worth it just for the box art, can't go wrong with a classic BoB mêlée.

Unless you're a Bf.110 fan, of course....... (are there such things?) :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones