My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Oh great.......I picked up one of those for a silly price when MZ closed down.....it's the boxing with 'Gleed's' markings.....clipped wing.......think there are three options in it.......my son Max is obsessed at the moment with Red tail mustangs after watching the film.....I missed out on the 1/24 Airfix boxing for £30 on their black friday sale........but he has a 1/72 one to build......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Mine is in 303 Sqdn markings, one of the Polish fighter squadrons, and it's AB910, still flying with the BoB Memorial Flight to this day.

Oddly enough I'd already built the same aircraft in 1/72 years and years ago.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

the last kit I bought before xmas was....

the new 1/35 roadblock set and modern [gulf war 2] US soldiers by italeri, though the figures are a re-pop of a MB set I already have.

mind you my brother in law did get me a china mug with the artwork for the 1/48 airfix spitfire XII on it and bizarrely it has an original
airfix logo at the bottom of the mug on the inside!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Army of One

Ah Kit.......with the kill markings and Donald Duck pilots marking......I've seen a certain shop doing them for a very reasonable price....was tempted to get Max one........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Green Dragon

If we're allowed to mention Mugs on here I just got a Weyland Yutani one from Aliens!  :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Captain Canada

Won an ebay auction for a 1/12th scale Tamiya Kenny Roberts and his YZR500 World Championship winner. I really need to start building these kits !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 27, 2014, 04:04:53 PM
Won an ebay auction for a 1/12th scale Tamiya Kenny Roberts and his YZR500 World Championship winner. I really need to start building these kits !

:banghead:

There was a great show on BBC2 last night about Barry Sheene, hosted by Vic Reeves aka Jim Moir. Great telling of his story and the 1979 race with Kenny Roberts where Barry 'waved' with two fingers at Kenny while racing at 100mph!

Captain Canada

Cool ! Do you recall the name ? I'll try and google/ youtube it. Along the same line, the Unrideables 2 is out. The Scwantz battles. great stuff.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

My pair of Sunderlands arrived today....holy quick service ! I'll be ordering from L'arsenal USA again. Providing they have the bits in stock.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 29, 2014, 07:11:53 AM
Cool ! Do you recall the name ? I'll try and google/ youtube it. Along the same line, the Unrideables 2 is out. The Scwantz battles. great stuff.

This was Racing Legends: Barry Sheene. Can't find out who the others will be...?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wwfwk

Series One
Patrick Stewart with Stirling Moss
James Martin and with Jackie Stewart
Sir Chris Hoy with Colin McRae

Martin H

quite possibly the last kits to arrive here before the new year.

a pair of new tool Airfix Bristol Blenheim IVF via an Ebay trader in Frome.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Received this morning from Creative Models via ebay

2 x 1/72 HobbyBoss Bf110 fighters     These will be chopped up to use with a Sword T2V-1/T-1A

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Last delivery of the year.  A Hobby Boss 1/35 AAVR-7A1 Assault Amphibian Vehicle Recovery.
I will be robbing it of its crane & winch which will be donated to the Meng D9 Armoured Dozer i am whiffing.  The rest will go on the "awaiting whiffinsperation" pile.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

last stash additions of the year, but no kits.

-2 new shelves
-8 new clamps (6 small and 2 big ones)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.