My library just grew again 2014...

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2013, 10:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Following Thorvic's lead setting up the 2014 My Stash Just Grew Again  thread,    here is the literary equivalent;   all brand spanking new and polished up waiting for your words of wisdom.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Thank you sir, saved me a job  :thumbsup:

I've stickied it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2014, 03:55:12 AM
Thank you sir, saved me a job  :thumbsup:

I've stickied it

No problem, Chris, we aim to please.......and very occasionally succeed.    Michael
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Picked up two great books;
U.S. Bombers 1928-1980's fourth edition by Lloyd s.Jones.
Black and white photos with concept drawings and models.

British Experimental Combat Aircraft of World War II by John Buttler

Both interesting books full of whiffs, although I must admit that some of my builds are remarkably similar.

Gondor

Received today from SAM

MDF 19 General Dynamics F-111 A Comprehensive Guide

Well it is a comprehensive guide to what was built and flown but not much else. Lots of detail shots though but only one 1/72 scale build and that of the Italeri F-111A.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

From Amazon today, Gabby Chrombac's 'Turbine Grand Prix' which is about the rise and fall of gas turbine power for F1, Indy and sports cars during the 60s and 70s.

LOTS of good info for future modelling projects, both RW and Whiffs.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

From The Marine Society's Seafarer's Library, via Amazon Used Books  - The Ship Model Builder's Assistant by Charles Davis.  Because, Lord knows I'm gonna need all the help I can get when I start working on the Constitution... :banghead:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Librarian

Popped down to "Forbidden Planet" whilst my Mum took the boy to War Horse. Couldn't reist buying the reprint of "The Art Of Porco Rosso". Quite a few titles on Steampunk art, but I wasn't tempted. Our next cat will be named Steampunk ;D, great word.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 15, 2014, 04:57:26 PM
From Amazon today, Gabby Chrombac's 'Turbine Grand Prix' which is about the rise and fall of gas turbine power for F1, Indy and sports cars during the 60s and 70s.

LOTS of good info for future modelling projects, both RW and Whiffs.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Kit, now you've made me go and order a copy.  ;)

rickshaw

Just received from Pen and Sword Books:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Logan Hartke

Let me know what the Lightning one is like.  That's been on my wishlist for a while.

Cheers,

Logan

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 20, 2014, 04:07:12 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 15, 2014, 04:57:26 PM

Thanks for that Kit, now you've made me go and order a copy.  ;)

Worth every penny, but it's printed in Italian, English and French, with three columns across each page, one in each language! And each photo is triple-captioned too, your brain gets scrambled after a dozen or so pages.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

I've got a few books like that. Always a good time. ;D

rickshaw

Quote from: Logan Hartke on January 20, 2014, 06:46:58 PM
Let me know what the Lightning one is like.  That's been on my wishlist for a while.

Cheers,

Logan

Initial inspection shows that it is an excellent book on the subject.  Loads of nice, new to me at least, pictures and an excellent history of the development and operation of the Lightning.  Well worth what I paid for it.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Logan Hartke