My library just grew again 2014...

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2013, 10:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on August 01, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
Only to find there's not even a Vacform Hastings in the one true scale :banghead:

Regards
Keith

There certainly was one, but I can't remember who did it. Formaplane comes to mind, but it may have been Contrail/Sanger etc.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Yep, Formaplane later re-released by AiM with resin and metal bits.

hamsandwich

Britain's Cold War Fighters, my dads enjoying it (national service nostalgia)

Gondor

Picked up from The Works today

The Pythons Autobiography by The Pythons

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

I visit to our favourite local charity shop with two boxes of paperbacks to donate ended up with me buying NINE other hardbacks!

Five volumes of the World Airpower Journal, a superb pictorial history of BA with all the various colour schemes depicted and discussed, Thomas Becher's book on the 757 and 767 which includes diagrams and pics of models of the numerous different models that Boeing investigated, David Brown's book on the Royal Navy in the Falklands War, just about the only Falklands book I haven't got and an esoteric model railway book, all for £1 each!  :thumbsup:

RESULT!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

darthspud

From Amazon(cos it's easier for me)
The Red Line by John Nichol
&
Higher Call by Adam Makos- arrived friday and finished mid morning sunday, quality piece of writing about truly honourable men.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2014, 12:22:00 PM
Quote from: TallEng on August 01, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
Only to find there's not even a Vacform Hastings in the one true scale :banghead:

Regards
Keith

There certainly was one, but I can't remember who did it. Formaplane comes to mind, but it may have been Contrail/Sanger etc.

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 01, 2014, 12:33:16 PM
Yep, Formaplane later re-released by AiM with resin and metal bits.

I got hold of one only a few months ago from a private sale --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Heads up for the Aeroplane Magazine.

Was in Smiths today and noticed the display. A WWI Special with a section on the Biggles exhibition at Hendon. Got it and when I got it home discovered that this edition also includes 4 WWI postcards of aircraft and a free copy of one of their Company Profile bookazines. Company was Vickers (not sure if all mags have the same bookazine ?). I haven't got this one so  :thumbsup: And a  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: as the magazine was £5.25 and the bookazine is normally £7 odd  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Huh?  :angry:

I didn't get the cards or the Profile mag! I'm going to complain!

Regards
Kit

jcf

Red Star Vol. 22, Mil's Heavylift Helicopters: Mi-6/Mi-10/V-12/M-26,
Y. Gordon, D. and S. Komissarov, Midland Publishing 2005.
:thumbsup:

Brand new at a Half-Price Books for $6.99, original price of $36.95.
They had a few other Red Star volumes at the same price, but this
was the only title of interest.

I have the AModel 1/72 Mi-10K which I got last year at a steep discount, it
had been a long-term shelf-sitter in the shop. Guess they got tired of it
taking up too much real estate.  ;D

The Mil volume has a nice colour photo of the record setting Mi-10R with
Mi-6 tricycle gear which featured lovely spats on the main wheels.

Steel Penguin

2 RPG source books,  Primeval companion  for more running from dinos fun, and the 4th Doctor who source book, Jellybabys anyone?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 15, 2014, 08:10:18 AM
Huh?  :angry:

I didn't get the cards or the Profile mag! I'm going to complain!

It's the Autumn edition Kit (I don't normally get it so I assume it's quarterly ?). Croydon WH Smiths had a special display stand set up for it, which is why I saw it otherwise I would have missed it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Ah, OK.  :thumbsup:

The current 'normal' edition has a Biggles painting on the cover and it's almost wall to wall WWI inside, no wonder I was confused.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

British Aircraft Corporation: a history (Stephen Skinner)
American X and Y planes volume 2: experimental aircraft since 1945 (Kev Darling)

lenny100

Pre ordered the road to nimrod and revived at last my copy of eyes in the sky
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!