My library just grew again 2014...

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2013, 10:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Gondor on December 02, 2014, 09:11:57 AM
Japanese Secret Projects, Experimental Aircraft of the IJA and IJN 1939-1945 by Edwin M Dyer III published by Cresy? NOT Midland Publishing  :blink:

Quote from: Gondor on December 01, 2014, 08:56:19 AM
Luftwaffe,
Secret Projects,
Fighters 1939-1945

i got the same books a while ago, great reading material, still opening them up once in a while  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Quote from: Nils on December 02, 2014, 12:59:44 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 02, 2014, 09:11:57 AM
Japanese Secret Projects, Experimental Aircraft of the IJA and IJN 1939-1945 by Edwin M Dyer III published by Cresy? NOT Midland Publishing  :blink:

Quote from: Gondor on December 01, 2014, 08:56:19 AM
Luftwaffe,
Secret Projects,
Fighters 1939-1945

i got the same books a while ago, great reading material, still opening them up once in a while  :mellow:

I did notice that Crecy are publishing a Volume 2 of the Japanese Secret Projects at the end of January 2015 so when I buy that book at least the subject will be in the same format for both volumes. I also hope they republish the Soviet Secret Project books.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Mossie

Tony Butler has American Secret Projects: Fighters and Bombers of World War 2 due out next year.  Classic Publications are doing this one, although they're under the Ian Allan umbrella with Midland, so not sure why the change?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1906537488/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4CLOT00FITJL&coliid=I1HJ46B9Z3C4Z5
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on December 02, 2014, 03:15:59 PM
I did notice that Crecy are publishing a Volume 2 of the Japanese Secret Projects at the end of January 2015 so when I buy that book at least the subject will be in the same format for both volumes. I also hope they republish the Soviet Secret Project books.

Gondor

Gondor

I got it at Telford - very good  :thumbsup: Here's the link to order now direct from Crecy

http://www.crecy.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Japanese&osCsid=436461fdbbd7be77b3c43f52463a8b01&x=16&y=10

Quote from: Mossie on December 03, 2014, 01:38:28 AM
Tony Butler has American Secret Projects: Fighters and Bombers of World War 2 due out next year.  Classic Publications are doing this one, although they're under the Ian Allan umbrella with Midland, so not sure why the change?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1906537488/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=4CLOT00FITJL&coliid=I1HJ46B9Z3C4Z5

Yup. I talked to Tony at Telford about this. It was due this year but the various takeover machinations put it back. Tony said he's using the timeto work on other projects
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got Britain at War's 1915 this morning. Excellent value for money
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 03, 2014, 06:51:35 AM

I got it at Telford - very good  :thumbsup: Here's the link to order now direct from Crecy

http://www.crecy.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Japanese&osCsid=436461fdbbd7be77b3c43f52463a8b01&x=16&y=10

Thanks, the Book Depository is selling it at about half that price, much nearer my price range.

I received today

Tanks of Hitler's Eastern Allies 1941-45 by Steven J. Zaloga

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on December 03, 2014, 10:56:54 AM
Thanks, the Book Depository is selling it at about half that price, much nearer my price range.

Interesting. I hadn't heard of them so I shall have to look them up. Cheers  :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

just got the translated version of Wunderwaffen issue 2: "At the gates of hell", hot off the presses  ;D

looks just as good as the first issue, with plenty of Luft'46 aircraft, now including the Me262HG, B&V P.194, Ta.183, Triebflügel, Lippish P13a, but it now has some more Soviet'46 aircraft in the mix, such as the MIG-9  ;D

just like the first issue, the artwork of the aircraft looks great, with great attention to detail  :thumbsup:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Leading Observer

Just finished reading part 1 of Charles S.Jackson's Empires Lost books, England Expects on my Kindle [I know, it's not like a proper book]. It has a few typos and grammatical errors, like quite a few books published on ebooks, but the story is a good read, involving time travel, and an alternative Battle of Britain. Puts me in mind of John Birminghams Axis of Time trilogy, and it throws up some interesting Whatif's. Looking forward to part 2 being published in January.
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Nick

Special Forces Pilot by Colonel Richard Hutchings DSC  http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Special-Forces-Pilot-Paperback/p/6847

Dick Hutchings was the pilot who landed a Sea King in Chile, not far from the Argentine airbase housing the Exocet missiles, in June 1982. This caused a minor diplomatic row at the time....

I picked this up at the recent London Model Show for just £3 (faded cover) and it's a neat little read. The author was annoyed at the numerous inaccuracies created by the SAS version of events so he has penned this account to put the record right.
To do this he's clearly dug out his flight logs and squadron diaries for the period to get the facts right but this detracts a little from the story. I suspect if he was reading it out to an audience it'd show him as having a very dry sense of humour.

A good read, adds well to the history of the Falklands War, and you are welcome to borrow this book if you wish.

Green Dragon

Got Fw190 Volume 3 from Classic Publications and Space 1999:Aftershock & Awe for Christmas!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

I got 'The Lightning Boy's for Christmas.  :thumbsup:

Should be an endless source of inspiration to use up the zillions of Lightning decal sheets I have.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Bought on eBay this morning,
Convair Advanced Designs: Secret Projects from San Diego 1923-1962

Tom Clancy- Threat Vector
China is warmongering, America comes under cyber attack.
Sounds familiar, even if this book went to press two years ago.