OV-10 Bronco Helijet Query

Started by Cobra, January 03, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys,i was just doing a little Thinking when a question came to me:Would the OV-10 Bronco or Atleast it's Front work for Building a Helijet? it's Something i've Wondered about. What Say You? Thanks for looking. Dan

kerick

Are you thinking of using the OV-10 fuselage as is and adding a Osprey type engine set up? I think that could be doable. Cockpit section would lend itself to many uses. Perhaps a main rotor above the fuselage/wing junction?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Cobra

I'm Considering using the Front,and Mating it to maybe a Box like Frame or Possibly use the Body from a UH-1 or CH-47 and Add some Scratch Built Mounts for the Engines. Haven't Come up with a Name or Color Scheme Yet. Dan

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20417.0/highlight,bronco+cobra.html

My take on a Bronco type Heli-attacker.

I love the idea of Helijets and have a few ideas on the backburner.....a Blackhawk mated with an F-4, that HO4S concoction I drew up recently, as well as an H-34 double ended troop ferry thing....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on January 03, 2014, 09:44:12 PM
Are you thinking of using the OV-10 fuselage as is and adding a Osprey type engine set up? I think that could be doable. Cockpit section would lend itself to many uses. Perhaps a main rotor above the fuselage/wing junction?
I've been toying with the idea of splicing Osprey engines onto the wingtips of an FW189.
Or maybe pivoting ducted fans.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..