Large scale He 162 finished

Started by matrixone, January 07, 2014, 12:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the 1/32 scale Revell He 162 that I recently finished, as usual the model was painted with Model Master enamels, markings are a mix of kit decals and those from my spares box.

This He 162 is a what-if, I have it in the markings and camo of I./JG 80, I./JG 80 was a real unit that was intended to be equipped with the He 162 but the end of the war prevented that from happening.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

:thumbsup:

Yeah it's okay, I s'pose... Oh who am I kidding, easily one of your best, Les.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks very much Ian and NARSES2! :thumbsup:

Matrixone

dumaniac

beautiful job - thanks for the pics

Cobra

Another Masterpiece from the Master,matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did your Usual Superb Job! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

comrade harps

QuoteAnother Masterpiece from the Master,matrixone Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up You did your Usual Superb Job! Keep up the Superb Work Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers!

Ditto!
Whatever.

sandiego89

Wow really great! Love the cammo.  Any comments on the Revell kit?  Go togehter well?  Is it out of the box, or did you add some aftermarket stuff? 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

matrixone

Thanks guys! :cheers:

Dave,
The kit was built SFTB, only the markings are a mix of kit supplied decals and those from my spares box.
This is one of Revell's better big scale kits and is easy to put together, I think Revell got the overall shape of the He 162 pretty well but the ejection seat is poorly done and should be replaced with aftermarket parts.

The camouflage pattern on my model matches the standard scheme that was applied to Junkers at Bernburg produced He 162s, the mottled field applied camouflage and yellow tactical markings are what makes this one a what-if, I imagine if the He 162 had a longer combat life than it did such field applied camouflage painting could have taken place.
One thing I can say for sure the light and dark contrasting mottles are VERY effective at hiding the aircraft while on the ground...when I had the model outside while setting up my photobase I placed it on a stack of bricks next to a bush and from only ten feet away it was hard to see.

Matrixone

Glenn Gilbertson

Well-researched and wonderful work again!  :thumbsup:

matrixone

Thanks for looking Glenn!

Matrixone