[FRANCE'41] CAPRA R30

Started by Mirage, January 13, 2014, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirage

Hi chaps !

It's been a long time I haven't post here.
For the new year - by the way : my best wishes to you all ! - I have the great honour to present you the CAPRA R30.
Its story will come later...

The kit is an original creation of a friend, under the brand France '41 : such a good name for whiffers, isn't it ?

Well for a very short run product, nothing very special : easy separation of the pieces from the sprue, a few sanding and it's glued !
Because of the moulding technic, some holes appear. Sprotch ! Mastic :

Let's use some paper and the airframe remind me my skin 25 years ago :

If no problem, it will be finished quickly.

See you !

Captain Canada

Boy, that's a neat looking little bird !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mirage

NARSES2

Quote from: Mirage on January 13, 2014, 03:08:45 PM

The kit is an original creation of a friend, under the brand France '41 : such a good name for whiffers, isn't it ?

That's very interesting. :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Wow! Such a rare bird, and elegant also... :thumbsup:
Is the canopy vacformed? that is the difficult point for me.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Mirage

Hi all !!

The little bird is sanded. I am re-engraving her, very smoothly, because, you know, it's only 1/72 !
Yes, the canopy is vacuumformed. It's an horrible difficulty for me too, as well as the masking of it. How lucky are 1/32 modellists !!

Some historical informations :

The CAPRA (Compagnie Anonyme de Productions et de Réalisations Aéronautiques, later MATRA) R.30 or R.300 was a very basic study for a trainer (Et 1) for the french air force, inspired from the R.20 or RR. She should receive an obliquely mounted Béarn 6C engine of 360 HP. Very light plane, she was perhaps an answer to the light fighter program. She was supposed to reach a speed of 539 km/h at 5.000 m (291 knt or 335 mph at 16,400 ft). No information is available about the armament.

Soon, other pics !

Cheers !!

Rheged

This really needs a prancing goat somewhere on it!   (CAPRA, as in Capricorn.)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mirage

Hello gentlemen !

A goat ? Why not. Not sure of having such a logo in my stock...

Well, some details for the cockpit. For sure, the original seat has some troubles :

Hopefully, my secret spare stock provides a new one, fitting well. I added a lead structure, and glued on it the belts (painted aluminium sheet). A direction column come  and, then the instrument panel. With the night blue interior, there is nothing much to see in this very confined space.

As you can see, the stabilizators are in place as well as the tail skid.

The propeller is almost finished.

As this plane was planed to be a fighter trainer, I suppose she would get a machine gun. Because of the thickness of the wing, I grabed a gun mouth on the starboard side of the cowling (cylinders on port).

Great ! You see nothing !  :lol:

See you !

NARSES2

The shape is some how very, very French. Just loving watch it come together  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mirage

Tophe

Quote from: Mirage on January 26, 2014, 12:22:33 PM

Great silhouette, thanks! I like those rear canopies à-là YP-37...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Mirage

Thanks a lot, Tophe !
She's good looking, indeed.

Mirage

Hi guys !

This is a very little update.
Installing a vacuum-formed canopy is always a great moment of torture for me.
This is how I proceed:
- I cut off the piece from its sprue not too far away from the definitive border ;
- I put it on place with a strap of adhesive ;
- with a pencil I write the border ;
- then final cut.
Of course, it does not match at the first time. Some dry tests and sanding are required.

And, finally, after a loooooong time, it matches (more or less) :

You surely noticed that the plane is on its own legs.

The transparent thing is masked and the plane is overall painted (Tamiya TS 17) :

Arf! Some holes left...   :-\

At least the propeller is finished :

Well, some work is waiting for me...

Tschüss !!

Father Ennis

NARSES2

It is looking very, very French  :thumbsup: