1/24 Chaparral in work (RW) ...

Started by jcf, January 17, 2014, 12:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

As mentioned in a different thread I've been working on the old (1966) Monogram 1/24th Chaparral 2D
as an 'old school' build; hairy stick with acrylics for the coloured bits, body mould lines sanded and
then polished up no paint for the body, details with Sharpies and inks.

The main components, the figure is still being painted and there is a bit more touch-up here-n-there.

Placed together temporarily.

... and a '65 Goat (Pontiac GTO) from another old Monogram kit, this time 1/32. Done in the same fashion two
years ago over the course of the annual 2-day NWSM Show at the Museum of Flight in Seattle. 'Twas an informal
challenge to build and finish a model at the show, during the show. IIRC three of us finished, two cars and one Sabre.

I'll be taking some lower angle shots of both later.

BTW both kits are curbside versions of slot cars.

Cheers

TallEng

Ooh! They're nice :thumbsup:
Are they still drivable as slot cars?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Gondor

When I saw the title I was thinking the air defence vehicle that used sidewinders and was based on the M113 chassis or something similar.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Thanks.

As to being drivable, yes, if I had the chassis to put them on and the 'flat' interiors.  ;D

The versions I have were released as static models with a different interior and chassis pan than
the slot versions.

PR19_Kit

That 2D's looking pretty good Jon  :thumbsup:

I didn't realise the static version had such a basic floorpan, I was expecting some suspension detail etc but it'll look great from normal viewing anyway.

That's the earlier version with the big moveable spoiler but with no intake on the cabin roof, isn't it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Thanks Kit.

Yep, super simplified and representing the #001 Coupe at Daytona 1966, Jo Bonnier/Phil Hill.

BTW if you get one, the clear parts for the nose mounted lights don't fit worth a damn. Glue'em
where they fit then sand the hell out of everything.