Spitfire with 2 Griffons (push/pull) finally finished

Started by TallEng, January 20, 2014, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud

Love the technical skill, idea and the finish  :bow:

just can't bring meself to like it  :banghead:

Southampton born and bred, played on the Supermarine site as a nipper before the site was demolished for the 'new' Itchen bridge.

Just seems a touch sacreligious.
Your build is brilliant, don't get me wrong, i just can't
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

TallEng

Thanks for all the positive comments everybody, even if it was not to your taste.
I'd love to try and make a flying foto, but that will need better weather than we have at the moment
And Mastery of photo shop or some such program :unsure: so not vey likely :rolleyes:
In my imagination I can see it making a low pass just above the grass coming straight at you...
If you can imagine 2 Griffons at full chat howling across an Airfield you'll be halfway there :thumbsup:
Then you just add Alain De Cadenet doing the introduction and.....
http://youtu.be/AmR-A-yJknw
Be warned though when Alain expresses surprise at the Spitfires lowness, he does use one of the more
Basic Anglo-Saxon words :o
And I'd love to see some of those other suggestions come to fruit, the Mustang, 109 and particularly the Firefly

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on May 07, 2014, 05:45:23 AM
In my imagination I can see it making a low pass just above the grass coming straight at you...
If you can imagine 2 Griffons at full chat howling across an Airfield you'll be halfway there :thumbsup:
Be warned though when Alain expresses surprise at the Spitfires lowness, he does use one of the more

I LOVE that!  :thumbsup:

You don't see it coming as it's SO low! Who was flying it? It looks like Ray Hannah's work to me, he was always a master at the ultra-low pass.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

It is indeed the late great Ray Hannah

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

kitnut617

I was just going to post that link Talleng ---  
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Old Wombat

Long wait for the finished product, mate, but well worth it!

Looks great! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 07, 2014, 05:57:34 AM
Quote from: TallEng on May 07, 2014, 05:45:23 AM

I LOVE that!  :thumbsup:

You don't see it coming as it's SO low! Who was flying it? It looks like Ray Hannah's work to me, he was always a master at the ultra-low pass.

That camera must have been on a tripod as it never moved. I'm sure the camera man dove to the ground at some point.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

KiwiZac

Video - Ray Hanna :-D Rumour is the reporter really p*ssed him off/acted like a right tw*t...

Model - wow! I can't really add to what's been said already.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates