Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro_seventies

Splendid!  Have barely shown my face around here for a while, and threads like THIS make me realize what a fool I've been to not stray here more often.  Magnificent work, sir - and as a gent with a deep love of all things COIN and CAS (but really, aren't we all?  Isn't it what makes us MANLY MEN?) your recent projects really resonate with me.  Looking forward to seeing how your models evolve.  Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Librarian

Wow!! Thank you.

Slight delay as I've had to reorder a decal sheet. Left it on the table last night and came down this morning to find the cat had licked/chewed and eaten it...and this is not the first time :blink:. He loves the taste of decal sheet and I sometimes forget to put them away. Has anyone else encountered this. I had a cat once who adored fried eggs with TABASCO; and another who we'd find sleeping with his head wedged into the stinkiest trainers he could find.

This could be the start of a new thread ;D.

PR19_Kit

My last cat loved the smell of resin and would happily lie on any resin bits I was investigating. His joy knew no bounds when I had a Lincoln conversion kit spread out on the floor!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

retro_seventies

I have a dog that ADORES the smell of vinyl. Twister mats, slip n slides, all that stuff.  Absolutely besotted by it...
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Librarian

Hannants are to be congratulated for their continuing high speed delivery. Model completed:

I'm going to try to stick to this theme. I want to tackle another Tracker next but this time she's going to be an older machine stripped down and used as a squadron supply hack.

Librarian

p.s. the model kit (Dragon/Monogram/Revell 1/48 Ta154) is a dream to put together. I usually shy away from Dragon as the fit of their kits is somewhat dodgy (anyone remember the 1/72 P-61 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:) but this one was a very pleasant experience.

Observant wallahs will notice I shortened the prop blades to protect the lawn ;D.

PR19_Kit

That does look the business, and makes a great pairing with the Tracker too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on July 04, 2014, 05:11:22 PM
p.s. the model kit (Dragon/Monogram/Revell 1/48 Ta154) is a dream to put together. I usually shy away from Dragon as the fit of their kits is somewhat dodgy (anyone remember the 1/72 P-61 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:) but this one was a very pleasant experience.

Observant wallahs will notice I shortened the prop blades to protect the lawn ;D.

Glad it's good as there's no way it could be as bad as the ex PM Models 1/72 Moskito Airfix put in their mistel box.

Nice work.  Love the paint job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

retro_seventies

They look wonderful together!

Librarian

Thank you, all. Next up I'm going to try to C-47ise another Tracker, with possibly a Kubelwagen build (with two pilots conferring) wedged in between. I've always liked posing figures next to aircraft....gives them some scale. I do have this insane idea for a Torpedo/Anti-Shipping aircraft but would cost too much for the moment.

Looking forward to Duxford and its associated tents full of fondlable goodies. Really tempted to spend some of SHMBO's cash on a joyride in one of the De Havilland Dragons....always wanted to but my spending money soooo meagre :unsure:.

Captain Canada

Oh yeah that looks awesome ! Looks perfect beside the Tracker.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Failed completely to do any actual modelling, just thinking/planning. I've been fighting a really nasty Fluey thing although I suspect I may have picked up heatstroke at the airshow. Feeling particularly cr*p yesterday/today.

Take care out there Guys as its going to get hotter.

nighthunter

Librarian, hydrate, mate, drink up to 2 litres of water today okay?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*