Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Focus, son! ;)

I don't get the "beyond blues" but I certainly have a problem focusing on what's on the bench.

Working away from home for up to 6 months at a time I am seriously hands-on challenged & the brain never stops coming up with new ideas but, if I can't focus on what's already on the bench I smash out a quickie to get the building mojo flowing again, then force myself to go back to the bench queen & work on it.

It can be difficult but that's how I push back the urge to leave the on-bench build & move onto the latest idea that has taken my fancy. In many ways it is advantageous that I do this, as the ideas are still there but they develop & mature over time & I think you guys are going to love some of them when I get around to bashing plastic.

It has taken over 2 years & still isn't finished but that's how I keep working on my HMBLT.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

.....and then today I popped up to Romford, home of Happy Slapping, to buy a couple Humbrol rattle cans. All sold out :banghead: so I bought a Tamiya P-51B as compensation :blink:. High altitude, looooong wings, hee hee hee :party:.

I spent half the night reading Pratchett and listening to Enigma, feeling a lot better. Many thanks for kind words all round :cheers:.

Librarian

Spent most of the night rummaging around in old files and found these two photos. Mentioned on another thread building the Hobbyboss 1/48 F-111:

Sadly, can't locate any of the SU-24 build.

NARSES2

Ah Pratchett. One of the best cures for the Blues that there is
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

bobbo

I tend to go to Terry Pratchett when the post-holiday depression sets in . . . I got my therapist reading him now.

bobbo

Librarian

I got an attack of the giggles last night reading Wyrd Sisters, the part where Greebo surprised a she-bear digging for roots....priceless ;D

I think one of my favourite lines is when Granny surprised Greebo in her vegetable patch and kicked him in the cucumbers. First time I read that I was on the Underground and had an unconrollable giggle-fit, much to the amusement of my fellow passengers.

Finally finished sorting out my schedule, everything else safely esconced in the attic. Onwards..... :cheers:.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on January 08, 2015, 07:04:16 AM
First time I read that I was on the Underground and had an unconrollable giggle-fit, much to the amusement of my fellow passengers.

Seen that a few times on public transport in London  ;D You can normally tell the knowing smiles from those who know what you are laughing at
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sauragnmon

I personally love the Ankh-Morpork City Watch sub-series... Guards Guards, and the others.  One of my favourite scenes is Sgt Detritus and the Riot Act... "Alright, dis here's the riot act.. you all gots to read it, so pass it around."  That and his Ballista for a crossbow..  not sure which book it was in, might have been Feet of Clay.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

zenrat

Ah yes, the piecemaker...

I've just finished Raising Steam.  I thought maybe he was losing his touch but then got to The Marquis Des Aix en Pains.
I re-read them frequently and discover something I missed every time.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Have to agree that the Guards series is my favourite "set" but my favourite book is probably Small Gods.

Got his collection of children's stories for Xmas. Excellent

Tophe

Quote from: Librarian on December 18, 2014, 04:15:21 AM
Inspired by 'Pond Racer' but will be high altitude, fast recon for my ongoing Imperial Albion Air Force:
Couple more camera ports to go, some decals and a varnish and she'll be done. Went together surprisingly smoothly.
Belated congratulations for this Mosquito-derivative marvel! Sorry I have not checked your topic each day, but this creation was worth discovering!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

eatthis

theres a guy works down the chip shop i swear hes elvish, had me in tears
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Librarian

Quote from: Librarian on January 05, 2015, 12:28:23 PM
The sticking point was a 1/72 Catalina that I've been converting to 1/48 with new wings, tails etc.

After having seen that gorgeous Trumpboss Beriev I remembered someone did a brutey looking single engine machine (Beriev again) so I hastily backed up on the Catalina conversion and she's looking very Berievy....when the cat brings the camera back I'll post some pictures.

Captain Canada

Glad to hear you're feeling better/ thinking clearer. It's true that clutter leads to all sorts of issues. Too much thinking involved I guess.

The 111 looks great....like it's fresh off the factory floor !

I had converted a 72nd scale Cat into a 48th scale fighter a few years back. Single place cockpit, gull wings and the engines from a 4th scale Tamiya Lanc. I really liked it, but I never really finished it off the way I had wanted to.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?