Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Good on you.  What did they do (if you don't mind me asking)?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

The scan picked up a further disc prolapse punching into the nerves. I was put under for an hour so they could precision deliver an epidural injection direct to the problem. This method is apparently 90% successful but if after six weeks app. the pain/sciatica is returning it'll require a keyhole op to fix.

zenrat

Ah-ha.  Drugs. ;D
A mate of mine has had this done and it sorted him out no problems (if you ignore the slight limp caused by one leg being 1/4" shorter than the other due to a dirt bike crash at 14).

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Glad to hear it worked and you are feeling better !

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Finally bit the bullet and started working on the plastic again. Made some progress on the Mohawk....she's going to be a light/pocket bomber with dive-bombing capability. I'm also sprucing up some older kits that needed some TLC. I'll post some photos when I'm brave enough ;D.

Back to the clinic on Thursday as the sciatica is coming back so a second injection has been advised. If this one doesn't work then I'll go under the knife....blazing rows with the wife who doesn't want me to run the risk of an op :banghead:. People need to experience the nerve pain before arguing, I embrace the risk 100%.

Librarian

Sadly, for the usual physical reasons, very little work achieved of late. The Roden Mohawk is a rabid dog to build. The canopy, consisting of four parts, is beautifully thin but just does not fit. Has taken me two weeks of cut, sand, test-fit, give up, repeat etc to get this far:

Also cut and fitted five external pylons for a useful warload:

Also been preparing the resin parts for another TA154:

zenrat

Mohawk looks the mutts.
The Hasegawa 1/72 has a 3 part canopy which was bad enough to fit.  I shudder at the thought of 4 parts.
Because the standard wheels fold inwards from the nacelles mine has 4 hard points on each wing outboard of the engines plus the SLAR on the RH front of the fuselage.  I might add some underbelly rocket pods though if there is enough clearance.  Or maybe a torpedo?
Fred

Librarian

....and to add to my woes, this is what happens when the cat brings a moth into the house and goes bananas chasing it:

Question is, does my violin need new strings :rolleyes:.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on June 05, 2015, 08:36:24 AM
Question is, does my violin need new strings :rolleyes:.

No doubt about it! Just punishment for the miscreant!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bobbo

KittyBurgers??

(One of my Monsters knocked one of my Ukuleles off the wall & cracked the top, broke a tuning peg off & caused other mayhem . . . And it was an EXPENSIVE uke at that :-\ :-\)
bobbo

Librarian

The cat is still amongst us ;D.

Saw the neuro surgeon today and I'm a (confirmed) mess. Going in on Tuesday for surgery. Good news as I should be fully recovered to enjoy the summer, and compete in the GB. Discovered some 1/72 kits lurking in the shed and one caught my eye as a possible racer....too many firebombers crowding the runnings :blink:.

Got stampeded by willow-thwacking-leather lovers down St John's Wood on my way to the hospital. MCC ties, panamas and pukkas galore. One day I'll understand this game.....

PR19_Kit

Blimey, that was quick! I hope the medics manage to sort you out OK, it can't be much fun as it is.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Sticky Fingers

Old Wombat

He is the Librarian! ;D

He may look like a size 16 red shag-pile carpet on a size 8 frame but underneath he's pure strength! :bow:

Keep on Ookin', brother! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Good luck.  I'll have the appropriate appendages crossed for you.
Not that you'll need it as you'll be fine.
Fred