Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Managed to achieve second coat status today...feel fulfilled. Repainted the undersides in darker green:

Sorry about picture quality, pretty rough.

Captain Canada

She's really looking good now ! Glad you had a chance to get some more done on her.

As for he vs, she in the garden....constant battle of wills the world over I'm afraid !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jsport

nighthunter

Now, THAT IS EPIC! Love it!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Father Ennis

Great looking build !!!    BTW, on the wife wars, just remember, "Yes,Dear ..."   And then do what you want and say you thought it was her idea and you wanted to make her happy.  Then buy her flowers and/or take her out to dinner, if she is still on your case.  All I had to do was take mine out to eat ...

NARSES2

Was that known as the "Jigsaw" scheme ?  ;D Looks good sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Bit of a build calamity occuring. First, the bleeding propellers have sink holes on them :banghead:. Another example of the poor quality of this kit. Then I test fitted them only to find the obvious, the port prop smacking into the FLIR pod. NEVER build a kit under the influence of Flu :rolleyes:.

Starting to think about putting her into Swedish markings 'cos I've got some and they don't half look nice. Going to build a Draken in the same scheme....got one in the attic which I'll fetch when I've got my upper strength back.

Now, would a B-1b look good in this scheme ;D?

TallEng

It's only going to smack into it once though! ;D
then either the FLIR pod will have been 'modded'
Or the prop :blink:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

Just don't spin the prop once it's attached and Bobs your Uncle

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Couple of update photos:

Moved the FLIR to the rear of the port nacelle, better field of vision there anyway.

Captain Canada

Armed to the teeth.....and then some ! Nice save on the FLIR turret....I knew them little spots on the back of the nacelles were there for some reason !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Heads up for anyone looking for 7.62 mm miniguns.

CMK do www.hannants.co.uk/product/CMK4279 which gives you six superb housings but the barrels are too big, more .50 cal in size.

Quickboost do www.hannants.co.uk/product/QB48309 where you get four barrels but the right size.

I've used the former 'cos I like the idea of .50 calibre miniguns. CMK are pricey though :banghead:.

Captain Canada

...don't really need the housings unless she's on the ground opened up. They do look nice tho !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

I meant to add that if you want to do a set of hand-held 7.62 miniguns you can combine the two...housings from CMK and barrels from Quickboost.

I spent some time this morning, in between hoovering and ironing, opening up two portals at the rear of the Invader for two hand-held miniguns like on the A-25. Oh lord is the Monogram plastic both thick and very hard/brittle. Also sanded off the dorsal gun fairing, filled with plasticard and putty. Whilst I can be faithful to one kit I like to flirt with others ;D.

Captain Canada

Ya, who doesn't ! That's where all the trouble usually starts.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?