Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Y'all should look up "Gary the Cylon" on youtube. Funny stuff.  :D 
-Sprues McDuck-

nighthunter

My wife asked me once, why it was that I carry a gun around our house. I replied, "Because of frakking Decepticons." She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. Fun times.

:P
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Librarian

Quote from: nighthunter on November 19, 2016, 08:47:24 AM
My wife asked me once, why it was that I carry a gun around our house. I replied, "Because of frakking Decepticons." She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. Fun times.

:P

;D ;D ;D. Painful it was but thanks for the laughter :thumbsup:

Librarian

Anyhoo...one short, sharp injection later and my back is recovering very nicely. I feel the thunder has been drawn from the I-16 project so lost all enthusiasm (maybe a future GeeBee Racer ;D) and I've turned my attention to a Japanesified JU 88 ( and YAY!!...Hannants are finally hyphenating Luftwaffe types on their search engine :thumbsup:) photorecon aircraft. Probably end up looking like a Q1W Tokai.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on November 22, 2016, 05:28:08 AM
and I've turned my attention to a Japanesified JU 88 ( and YAY!!...Hannants are finally hyphenating Luftwaffe types on their search engine :thumbsup:) photorecon aircraft. Probably end up looking like a Q1W Tokai.

My interest is seriously piqued  ;D

What do you mean by the "hyphenating Luftwaffe types" comment by the way ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 22, 2016, 06:52:46 AM

What do you mean by the "hyphenating Luftwaffe types" comment by the way ?

It used to be that Big H didn't use the hyphen in 'Me-109' or similar, so you had to search for 'Me 109' or 'Me109' etc.

Presumably they've seen the light and changed things.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Right understand  :thumbsup: Think I fell foul of that a couple of times whilst searching
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Full circle now. All those years ago, whilst not rivet-counting, I became super-obsessed with accurate colours whilst making and painting Japanese aircraft. This was the primary drive behind my desperate switch to making it up as I go along ;D. As a what-iffer I have avoided all and every Japanese plane ever since. The problem has been to try and find the right niche and I've spent many constructive hours flailing about in the dark. Putting together the Japanese Skyraider has really focused me. Japanese, but what-if...all the positives with no negatives. It was like the flood gates finally opened.

Next up will be a Radial engine Japanese version of the S-3 Viking. The Germans had developed quite effective acoustic torpedoes from 1943 onwards so I thought in a whif-world the Japanese took them a stage further. Maybe some king of hunter-killer team with one schlepping an APS-20 radome a la AF-2 Guardian :thumbsup:

Also want to put together my own version of the Ki-109.

zenrat

Can't wait to see your take on the Viking.  I've got a 1/72 Revll but have no idea what to do with it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2016, 01:40:21 AM
Can't wait to see your take on the Viking.  I've got a 1/72 Revll but have no idea what to do with it.

I won't be using a Viking kit, just a plane that has many similarities ;D

....but first I'll be building a fighter, the Honda J1Ho Chiitah, a license built Martin Baker MB.6 (a light-weight export version of their highly successful MB.5). I'll  post a picture if it doesn't blow up in my face...bloody Ronsons :banghead:.

Librarian

Busy few days but not modelling...starting splicing today. Mustang rear and Spiteful front:

Did manage to do some fettling last night on one eight-blade contra and one six-blade contra...probably go with the latter:

NARSES2

Old Wombat

OK, interesting start. I'll be watching! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

I'm striking this build...just can't get any enthusiasm for it. Seem to be going through a radial phase at present but I've decided to take a break. Swore I wasn't going to do any excessive cutting and sanding projects but I've gone that way again :banghead:. Just want to build a model and paint it whif. Anyway, I'll see what the new year brings and in the meantime catch up on my reading ;D.