Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Mmm... not so much revenge as such, more a *slight* drift off-topic.
'Hijack' is such an ugly word; perhaps 'elsewhere guided'? ;D

Librarian

With Xmas gone I've been able to get some modelling done. Japanese theme continues...a stop-gap design in case the J8M1 failed; getting a light airframe, pilot and two HO-3101 40mm cannon up to B-29s as fast as possible:

Just waiting on some decals and the botherment of canopy painting ;D.

Rick Lowe

Y'know, that works... not sure why, but it does.

Nice work so far.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 29, 2016, 11:28:51 PM
Y'know, that works... not sure why, but it does.

Yup. I think it's the scheme that makes it work for me
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Great job on that one ! The prop looks super cool and for sure that colour scheme is ace !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Still no sign of the necessary decorations for completion :banghead:. Plenty brain candy and other kits to mull over for the New Year. I'd like to undercarriage an F1M Pete, Ki-109-ise a JU88, do something Japanese to an AN-2 and then the greatest heresy of them all...(although it did really happen) put Hinomarus on an F4U, having Japanesified it first ;D Give me a chance to have a fiddle with the new Hobbyboss range of Corsairs which by all accounts are very good kits.

Also, after thirty odd years, I'm going to pick the guitar up again. I bought Layla one for Xmas and she wants me to learn with her...anything to stop her belting out Elton John on the piano :banghead:...and I like the works of Mr Dwight ;D

HAPPY NEW YEAR :thumbsup:.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on January 01, 2017, 07:42:40 AM
Still no sign of the necessary decorations for completion :banghead:. Plenty brain candy and other kits to mull over for the New Year. I'd like to undercarriage an F1M Pete, Ki-109-ise a JU88, do something Japanese to an AN-2 and then the greatest heresy of them all...(although it did really happen) put Hinomarus on an F4U, having Japanesified it first ;D Give me a chance to have a fiddle with the new Hobbyboss range of Corsairs which by all accounts are very good kits.

Also, after thirty odd years, I'm going to pick the guitar up again. I bought Layla one for Xmas and she wants me to learn with her...anything to stop her belting out Elton John on the piano :banghead:...and I like the works of Mr Dwight ;D

Was sent a photo yesterday (cheers Nick) of a Japanese aircraft graveyard in Singapore circa 1946 (cheers Nick  :thumbsup:) which allegedly contains a Blenheim. I've downloaded it and intend to have a really close look at it when the head recovers from New Years.

Do I detect a certain liking for a Mr Clapton in your post ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

reddfoxx

You've done some amazing stuff in this thread.  Imaginative ideas and excellent work.  :bow:

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 02, 2017, 01:28:46 AM
Quote from: Librarian on January 01, 2017, 07:42:40 AM

Was sent a photo yesterday (cheers Nick) of a Japanese aircraft graveyard in Singapore circa 1946 (cheers Nick  :thumbsup:) which allegedly contains a Blenheim. I've downloaded it and intend to have a really close look at it when the head recovers from New Years.

Do I detect a certain liking for a Mr Clapton in your post ?  ;D

Oh YES!! All hell broke loose when she was born, the Hindus on one side and the Christians on the other battling over names. After almost two weeks I'd had enough and said "I love Layla so she's Layla"...which of course to the Hindus is a traditional Muslim name so the hell doubled ;D. I had to prove to them that the name predated Islam by hundreds of years before they grudgingly accepted it.

There's some fantastic photos coming out of Japan of captured aircraft in Japanese markings. Private collections passing down generations coming to light maybe?

Librarian

Quote from: reddfoxx on January 02, 2017, 07:15:59 AM
You've done some amazing stuff in this thread.  Imaginative ideas and excellent work.  :bow:

Sorry...meant to say many thanks. Keeps me going :thumbsup:.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on January 02, 2017, 08:33:03 AM

There's some fantastic photos coming out of Japan of captured aircraft in Japanese markings. Private collections passing down generations coming to light maybe?

Very much so. I think as that generation passes all over the world loads of photos hidden/forgotten for decades are being rediscovered. It's fantastic for historians.

WWI wasn't the same as that generation passed because people didn't have cameras back then.

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 03, 2017, 02:44:00 AM
Quote from: Librarian on January 02, 2017, 08:33:03 AM

Very much so. I think as that generation passes all over the world loads of photos hidden/forgotten for decades are being rediscovered. It's fantastic for historians.

WWI wasn't the same as that generation passed because people didn't have cameras back then.

I spent a year at Bath University 'advancing my knowledge' and a fellow student was from Japan. One night the chat turned to that of the war and although initially nervous, when he realised there was no animosity etc he spoke proudly of his grandfathers and great uncles service in that conflict. When he returned after the Xmas hols he'd brought some of his family photos taken in the field...they were superb and I thought then that if other families had photos of that quality hidden away then what a gold mine of knowledge was still out there.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on January 03, 2017, 02:54:20 AM

I spent a year at Bath University 'advancing my knowledge'

I was there too for a few years, but as a guest lecturer on the uses of fluid power.  ;D

A nice place but the very devil to get to through the city and up that steep hill!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

I was so upset when I left...loved every minute I was there. I was actually based at Newton Park just outside Bath. Love to retire thereabouts. There were still real meadows with many species of flowers which have disappeared from most parts of the UK...garlic woods...Tawny owls hooting away at night :wub:, :wub:

No idea what has happened to my decal order; gone awol. Think I'll start on something else to bide my time...maybe a Spiteful with no exhausts but a turbosupercharger installation like a p-38.

Went to my local PMT (a music shop...honest) and plucked a few tunes on a Fender Telecaster, then a few Ibanez...even a Jackson. Really tempted :wacko: Yngwie Malmsteen...here I come ;D