Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Completed model here:

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43357.msg757419.html#msg757419

Feel at a loose end now...no enthusiasm for inline-engine project (SovietGB) but might make a move on the AN-2 idea for the same GB. On the other hand I've picked up an Academy 1/48 P-26, and its so cute ;D.

Librarian

Crackingjob

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 22, 2014, 11:11:41 PM
What about hanging some night-ops stuff on it, like the big chin pods the Tropic Moon B-57Gs had? Or maybe a truck-hunter interdictor version with the 20mm turret?

I love the Canberra RAF and USAF versions.....it's an enduring aircraft and so many variants https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_B-57_Canberra

PR19_Kit

Cor, that 'Javelin' looks the business!  :thumbsup:

Miles better looking than the real thing, where do the various bits come from please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Love them both, great job!  :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Librarian

Pretty much OOB but the Javelin has a MiG25 radome with a 1cm wide shimmy so as to bring it up to the diameter of the portly fuselage. A Su24 horizontal stab makes the all-moving tailplane. Extra pylons, lumps and bumps, pallets and missiles from the remains of an old F14 kit. Removed the vortex generators and spliced on some fences from plasticard.

Used the fuselage tank as a conformal tank on the Draken. New pylons and missiles but otherwise OOB.

Do NOT believe some of the 'fear of losing their free supply of review kits' bunch...the Javelin requires some serious experience to get together. In some places its borderline Airfix Buccaneer.

zenrat

Cool bananas indeed.  I can see both of them flying "sideways through time".

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Good stuff, bruh!!  Good to see you, too.
-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 04, 2017, 04:50:22 AM

My apologies for being absent. I've a LOT!! of catching up and reading to do :banghead:. Had an enforced vacation at the local cuckoo's nest ;D. Having agreed, for now, to disagree that we are not inside the Matrix I was allowed home...exits whistling the soliloquy from Hamlet.

For now I'm going to be working quietly on a 'family tree' of Draken-esque aircraft.

NARSES2

Good to have you back mate  :thumbsup:

Do like the Javelin
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Librarian on May 04, 2017, 05:25:52 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 04, 2017, 04:50:22 AM

My apologies for being absent. I've a LOT!! of catching up and reading to do :banghead:. Had an enforced vacation at the local cuckoo's nest ;D. Having agreed, for now, to disagree that we are not inside the Matrix I was allowed home...exits whistling the soliloquy from Hamlet.

For now I'm going to be working quietly on a 'family tree' of Draken-esque aircraft.
;D ;D

Yeah, man, there's a lot been goin down lately!  I've been here the whole time and can barely keep up myself! 

I like the train of thought on the Draken-esque. I do enjoy Swedish stuff.   :mellow: :mellow: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Love them both but especially the Javelin, now that one is special ! Love the look of the new bits ( and thanks for the query and answer as to what they are ) and especially the ords, now there's a game changer !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Well I'm off to Le Mans for what looks like a blisteringly hot weekend...Lord Delpus :banghead:. Then I'm going to spend a week with some mates down Sud so I'll catch up in about ten days-ish. Ta Ra ;D

Captain Canada

Sounds like fun ! Have a great weekend !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-