Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

These are the two schemes I'm contemplating.....

....with possible variations. I've shortened the nosegear as she sat back on her haunches with resulting tailsitting in a mild draught.

Captain Canada

I'd go green...looks more gunship to me. The other one says Transport and/or VIP....well, except for all the weapons !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

SEA camo over black. Red codes.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

I would prefer Lizard....but we were only given 2 choices !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Lizard would look very nice. Having a really long think about this, might take some time...no decision yet. Please feel free to make suggestions as I'm very tempted to strip down the B-25 for a repaint :rolleyes:.

Librarian

Quote from: Librarian on January 31, 2014, 01:28:01 PM
Lizard would look very nice. Having a really long think about this, might take some time...no decision yet. Please feel free to make suggestions as I'm very tempted to strip down the B-25 for a repaint :rolleyes:.

In fact, I'm becoming keen on this scheme (JAWS):

Librarian

Whilst still considering painting options for the AS-2 Thwacker I've been toying with the idea of converting the beautiful Revell C-160 Transall kit from a 1/72  a/c to one of 1/48. If I've done my calculations then the kit should have a length of about 17" and a wingspan of 21". The only possible problem I can envisage is scaling up the cockpit transparencies, that's a bridge I can cross when I get there. I'd have to also source some radial engine nacelles as well. Onwards....

Captain Canada

That JAWS scheme is awesome.....I love the way even the Maverick is done !

Scaling the cockpit should be easy enough, jut deepen the panels a bit and keep everything flat, so there are no complex curves etc. to deal with.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

Librarian, I love the A-25 in the gray scheme, it looks rather fitting. The S-2MOD is rather fitting for the JAWS scheme as a COIN Aircraft.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kerick

The JAWS scheme came in different colors, depending on the potential environment. IIRC, it was judged to be very effective. Just a little too much for the brass to swallow so we ended up with Euro I.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

Quick update. Managed a first coat on the camo colours....a bit boring (Hu. 29/77/106/116) but this flu-thing is quite bad:

Won't be able to finish her this month as I've blown my meagre allowance on a graphic novel and a signed print from the USA (wanted the latter for awhile) and can't buy the required items for the build this month.

Logan Hartke

That's lovely.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.  My grandpa served on Traders.

Cheers,

Logan

Captain Canada

Neat stuff ! That's a different camo pattern eh ? What's it designed on ? Just an idea in your head ?

I also see you've done the garden table in the aforementioned JAWs scheme !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Bit of a laugh with the old table; the cat jumped off the fence onto it and went straight through. I love the old lichen/moss graveyard camo schemes for my garden, a constant battle with the wifernator who wants it to look like the Chelsea flower show :blink:.

I wanted to do a kind of mix between Vietnam camo and Swedish Draken camo, hence the dark sea blue. The underside green is too light (made worse by the camera flash) so I'm doing the second coat in Hu.91 Black Green...very nice. Also going to extend the camo to beneath the fin, an experiment that doesn't work.

jsport

going to major major.. best o goodness.. :thumbsup: :o