Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Still no progress...holidays started with kids, more grotsville and a tad of reverse digestion.

Fantastic Grand Prix. Congrats to Germany all round (on top of the football). Proud of Lewis...from 17th up to 3rd, and a hell of a battle between Alonso and Ricciardo, enjoyed every bit.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on July 20, 2014, 12:29:03 PM
Proud of Lewis...from 17th up to 3rd, and a hell of a battle between Alonso and Ricciardo, enjoyed every bit.

20th to 3rd, he was almost last on the grid. And he nearly made 2nd.

Race of the year so far, a pity it was at Hockenheim though, it's never been the same since they shortened it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 20, 2014, 03:20:34 PM
... it's never been the same since they shortened it.

I bet you say that to all the girls...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Going offline now for a few weeks...Kid's hols etc. Happy modelling to all. I'll be close to Lowestoft for one week so tempted to visit a certain point of pilgrimage ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on July 25, 2014, 11:50:26 AM
Going offline now for a few weeks...Kid's hols etc. Happy modelling to all. I'll be close to Lowestoft for one week so tempted to visit a certain point of pilgrimage ;D

If you do please post a report. I'm very tempted but it would be a day's trip by train so I'd like an idea before commiting
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 26, 2014, 05:33:28 AM
Quote from: Librarian on July 25, 2014, 11:50:26 AM

If you do please post a report. I'm very tempted but it would be a day's trip by train so I'd like an idea before commiting

Not going to whinge but had a pretty rotten time...parents, brother, backache. Came home early.Didn't manage to get to Hannants. I've been a few times and can thoroughly recommend a visit. I drive from the south and Lowestoft's a bit of a maze...large, medium and small roundabouts etc so come armed with a mental or physical map. Also, bring a list of items as although the staff are extremely helpful and friendly they are also working hard. The warehouse at the rear is heaven to walk about in, complete model overload ;D. Might be worth checking as I vaguely remember someone saying they've restricted access to this area...don't quote me, I may be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Well I've achieved sweet fanny adams because my backache has once again reached the wonderful drug-fuelled heights of a full-blown prolapsed disc. The pain is somewhat horrific but it means I can actually take some time off rearing kids, stretch out on the sofa and work my way (on Netflix) through five seasons of Archer, as well as Courage the Cowardly Dog and Samurai Jack....Hell ;D (Heaven would be less painful).

I've have managed the impossible though as the wife has agreed to take a week off work and help rear said kids...seriously, that's a mega-miracle.

The only real negative is discovering (again) what pottys are for :rolleyes:.

zenrat

Ouch.  I know exactly how you feel (well, the back pain bit anyway).
Regular adjustment by a chiropractor who knows what they are doing has worked wonders for my prolapsed discs.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Librarian

I have regular 'maintenance' with an Osteopath and run through a series of exercises every day but once in a while something gives. Curse of being tall apparently....and years of lift & shift work :banghead:.

Although sitting is impossible, once I'm up I can stand comfortably for an hour or two. I've managed some painting of aircraft tyres. These six items are Luftwaffe in origin (I usually sling them as I don't like the shape/design) but my God they're tough to paint. Hub rims seem to be almost non-existant. Now I know why those wheel masks sell so well, never understood why people bought them before.

Received an 1/48 Me509 in the post with some other odd/sods (once again, thanks Hannants for superb service). Beautiful kit...know what I'm doing with this one.... ;D.

zenrat

Not ignoring it is the main thing.  They'll argue otherwise but osteos, chiros, physios etc all do basically the same job.

When I built my modelling workbench in my shed I deliberately built it so i can work standing at it when my back has gone twang. 

Fred

Dizzyfugu

Harkonnen had IIRC a ram's head, white on a medium blue background.

Dizzyfugu

Addendum: found this - the sketch on the left is "official", while I have no idea what the stylized thing on the right is from or for - probably a computer game.

Librarian

Oh thank you. So many sites conflict. Could use Finnish insignia/colours for Harkonnens....always felt their ancestry must have been Nordic with that name. Many thanks. I've never been one for backstories, tried a few and failed, but I'm really working on this one....little vignettes into their terrestrial ancestry.

Here are the wheels and what I've achieved with the 509...new propeller and a fuselage extension plug ahead of the cockpit:

zenrat

The Harkonnen insignia on the right could come from the old Dune strategy game I used to play many moons ago.  It certainly looks familiar.  "Bring me the flying fat man".
Hmmmmm, IIRC House Atreides came from a water world so boatplanes would be their thing...

My shed is 6m by 9m but you probably don't want to know that...

How's your back going?
Fred