Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Smaller plane is a P-39. The wings are just clipped, it's a P-39 version of the Spitfire XII. The rear fuselage is from an Me-309. More info when complete :rolleyes:.

Librarian

Another stop-start project but I've made some progress in last coupla days. Had no idea how big this aircraft was :blink:. Not much conversion work....taking off the cruciform tail was simple but fitting the new one wasn't. Then a 'DOH' moment, the rear propeller impacts the elevators so a prop shaft extension had to be fashioned. The fun part was cutting out and fitting a bay for a retractable tailwheel. Only bits left to do is fit the main and nose guns, varnish, decal and varnish and we're all done. GOD I hate putting ordnance together....takes longer than the kit :banghead::

It's amazing how this camera makes everything look bent/distorted. Got a Birthday coming up, maybe ask for a new camera ;D.

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on February 06, 2015, 01:36:59 AM
...GOD I hate putting ordnance together....takes longer than the kit :banghead::

Tell me about it.

This looks good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Flipping Heck  :o Did that walk to its target and fly back ?

Great work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Flyer on January 30, 2015, 05:20:42 PM
I really like the twin fin 335 :thumbsup: :cheers:
The same for me BUT I will replace "like"  :thumbsup: by "love"  :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 06, 2015, 06:24:51 AM
Flipping Heck  :o Did that walk to its target and fly back ?

Great work  :thumbsup:

;D. I was worried about the loadout but then I thought she's packing about 3500hp and with that wing she could be a German Skyraider. Then I thought....it's a whiff :thumbsup:. Weightwise the load isn't as large as it looks....CBUs and napalm tanks. The parafrags are only about 25lb each.

Librarian

OK, she's finished. Deal with names later. Also completed my low-level fighter, one of three eventually:

Removed the ordnance 'cos I didn't like it. Apologies for the naughty nose-art but I couldn't resist.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Wow. Those look awesome ! I love the new tail and the rear landing gear. I also like it better without the bombs...just didn't really seem to fit.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Librarian on February 12, 2015, 10:40:53 AMApologies for the naughty nose-art but I couldn't resist.

Nothing wrong with it.  Besides, we're all adults here (even we just play them on TV)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Librarian

When I've sorted out the backstory/finish the third fighter I'll post some better photos...really grumpy with a reboot of the back and horrible sciatica issues at present. Trying to ignore them but..... :banghead:.

My great passion is the thought/mental creation, sourcing kits and parts and then the cutting, filling and sanding. I find when that's done, and all that's left is the painting, I tend to drift off to another project. Anyone else have this problem?

NARSES2

They are both really nice but my fave is the P39/63 type aircraft. The Do 335 just looks so German regardless of whose markings she is wearing
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: Flyer on February 13, 2015, 12:33:13 AM
Quote from: Librarian on February 12, 2015, 01:05:39 PM
When I've sorted out the backstory/finish the third fighter I'll post some better photos...really grumpy with a reboot of the back and horrible sciatica issues at present. Trying to ignore them but..... :banghead:.

My great passion is the thought/mental creation, sourcing kits and parts and then the cutting, filling and sanding. I find when that's done, and all that's left is the painting, I tend to drift off to another project. Anyone else have this problem?

Yep, in abundance. But in my case the drift comes well before painting, normally it starts when I have a idea taped together and I look at the leftovers and start tinkering with those instead. Being a new wiffer that has yet to finish anything it is not a good habit. I'm trying to put a stop to that by packing everything but parts for one model away out of sight to remove temptation of starting anything else and narrow my thoughts in a single direction.

This is an all too common affliction. Painting always bogs me down. After that its usually putting on the last little pieces that would make it really, actually and truly done. This shows up in my home remodeling jobs too. Which angers SWMBO and makes others shake their heads.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

major

Quote from: Librarian on February 12, 2015, 01:05:39 PM

This is the very question i was going to ask all, yesterday evening! (till i lost me broadband connection just as i hit post, again! No doubt a gnat farted a couple of miles away, and upset the delicate eco system!) 
I used to love the painting bit, but, the last 12 months or so, I'm stuck. Just can't even get a coat of primer on.
I've had a couple of kit disasters, was putting it down to that. Had a go at a couple of RW projects, same thing, started to lose interest. Mind starts to wander!
Result is, stash is depleting, and the spares pile is increasing.
It's not like i need inspiration, plenty of that on here! 
Any tips, hints, tricks or mental exercises to keep focused?

Librarian

Something amusing in the paper. On one thread this week I had a go at "Fifty Shades Of Grey" and on another having a browse in B&Q for items to scratch build a kit. Then I read:

"Staff at B&Q have been advised to familiarise themselves with the bondage novel FSOG, in preparation for a likely surge in demand for ropes, cable ties and tape following the release of the film version this week....to better prepare staff for incoming queries"

I will have to tread softly and NOT hold a big stick ;D.