Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Lol....a special bondage display with tape rope etc.... :thumbsup:

I think it's a common affliction as well. I'm in that boat, hence how many half-starts I have.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Quote from: major on February 13, 2015, 10:06:42 AM
Quote from: Librarian on February 12, 2015, 01:05:39 PM
My great passion is the thought/mental creation, sourcing kits and parts and then the cutting, filling and sanding. I find when that's done, and all that's left is the painting, I tend to drift off to another project. Anyone else have this problem?

This is the very question i was going to ask all, yesterday evening! (till i lost me broadband connection just as i hit post, again! No doubt a gnat farted a couple of miles away, and upset the delicate eco system!) 
I used to love the painting bit, but, the last 12 months or so, I'm stuck. Just can't even get a coat of primer on.
I've had a couple of kit disasters, was putting it down to that. Had a go at a couple of RW projects, same thing, started to lose interest. Mind starts to wander!
Result is, stash is depleting, and the spares pile is increasing.
It's not like i need inspiration, plenty of that on here! 
Any tips, hints, tricks or mental exercises to keep focused?

Much like writing essays at school/Uni I've often found my best work is done in the early hours. The TV tends to be better and there's no actual/mental distractions. That's when I paint. I focus and paint, talking to myself about the latest pet hate etc ;D Buggrem, millenium hand and shrimp...rant....rant.

Another trick is to put a film on you love and know well so you can hear it but NOT see it. I find focus comes very easily whilst keeping the subconcious happy 'cos it has something to relate to in the background.

There's also the good old favourite of just repeating the mantra "This is going to look bloody amazing", and believe it.

kerick

I keep telling the wife whenever we remodel something, "It will look great when we're done, it will look great when we're done".
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

Got a bit bored with desert sand colour so thought I'd finish off the 'Baby 10'. Imperium primary attack trainer:

Seen this done a few times but really wanted to do one myself.

Also started work on finishing my dedicated recon squadron with a high altitude fighter. Love those long sailplane wings so tried to emulate them. Couldn't resist a contra-prop to make it more pilot friendly and reduce the need for a larger rudder:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on February 21, 2015, 07:33:01 AM
Also started work on finishing my dedicated recon squadron with a high altitude fighter. Love those long sailplane wings so tried to emulate them.

It's catching on.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Both gorgeous. I love the paint scheme on the baby 10, and that Mustang is going to be awesome !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Forgot to add this one:

AND abig thank you to Kit for his inspiring Trystang. I had stalled and his model got me going on those wings.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Imperium A-Fighters:

Low altitude Sino Accipiter
Medium altitude Sino Alietum
High Altitude DeRhamno Aquila

Each Imperium squadron is comprised of 24 aircraft as several types are used within each one. Standard fighter squadrons are comprised of these three types covering the whole combat envelope. All pilots major on one type but are fully trained on all:

DeRhamno Aquila is universally known by its nickname Amadeus, its desire to reach the heavens:

Current projects in the build:

The Mohawk will be an advanced multi-engine trainer. Removed the wing plugs, filled and sanded same along with airbrakes and unnecessery panels....bit of back dating.

Librarian

....and just finished a beaching-trolley:

PR19_Kit

Nice job on that trolley, where did it come from please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Floats and trolley from Tamiya's Kawanishi Kyofu kit.

Captain Canada

Nice stuff, as usual. Some interesting subjects for sure. Looking forward to seeing the Mohawk.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?