Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

So that would be a Bettenkrad then...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Congratulations for the final aspect! :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Librarian

Quote from: zenrat on July 24, 2015, 02:51:35 AM
So that would be a Bettenkrad then...

;D  :bow:. Thanks...first laugh I've had for awhile.

I'm approaching the final hurdles with the Beaufighter but can't seem to jump them. Been fiddling with some older creations, improving and repainting. Then there's the Mustang, another Ta154, a Kyofu with twinned DB605s etc etc. Need to focus. Someone's got that wonderful quote from "Blazing Saddles" (reply was 'Ditto')....that's how I feel now my brain has had its neurons freed up.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

So do we assume from the pilot's shorts that it gets a tad damp in the cockpit ?

Lovely work sir
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2015, 06:27:51 AM
So do we assume from the pilot's shorts that it gets a tad damp in the cockpit ?

Lovely work sir

Thank you. Made me wonder why is he in shorts and the groundcreww in full clothes...another line of code to debug :banghead:

Here's the Beaufighter (or Lyndsey A-3 Buckingham that I've been calling her). Bit of a mess at present. Took an age to hollow out those intakes at the leading edge to make them for superchargers, and then noticed that the JU88 power eggs have what look like superchargers built in underneath....more code to debug :banghead: :banghead:. Currently stupidly overarmed with four 30mm, one 37mm and one 75mm short barrelled gun, and a 20mm in each wing root (eventually) :

One of the things I like about flash photography is you can clearly see paint omissions, rooster-ups etc.

Dizzyfugu

"Guns, guns, guns... my life would be so dull without 'em."  ;)

Librarian

Quote from: Flyer on July 24, 2015, 11:20:07 AM
Twin fins look great on a Beau, what are they from? Apologies if you've already mentioned earlier.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they came from a TU-2 kit. The rudders were seriously ribbed but I filled the indentations and sanded them smooth.

In 1/48 this would be the cheaper way to acquire them:

http://www.ultracast.ca/products/Vector/48%20Scale/VDS48-063/default.htm

Captain Canada

Wow she`s armed to the teeth !

:rolleyes:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Beaufighter's interesting. One was test flown with twin 40mm guns. One was an S gun as used by the Hurricane and I'm not sure what the other one was, but it was used in comparative tests. I aim to build her in either Coastal Command or desert colours
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2015, 06:46:38 AM
Beaufighter's interesting. One was test flown with twin 40mm guns. One was an S gun as used by the Hurricane and I'm not sure what the other one was, but it was used in comparative tests. I aim to build her in either Coastal Command or desert colours

The Rolls-Royce BH 40mm.

Captain Canada

I forgot to mention just how different it looks now....if the colours weren't so 'Beau' it would take a bit of thinking !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

....and it's painting that's stalled me. I've finished the creative side of the model and just can't be ar*ed to finish the painting. At present my enthusiasm is entirely down to thinking, searching, choosing, cutting, sanding, gluing, filling, sanding etc...I'm finding painting/varnishing a true drag :banghead:.

I'll put her to one side for now and work some other ideas out of my system...go back to my teens/early twenties and do some exposed engine-bays etc ;D. Now, where's my wallet.....