Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

You're not alone there. I suffer the same fate, hence my ever growing pile of half builds. Seems that cutting and filing and thinking are more fun, and it leaves so much to the imagination. Especially when you get to the part of painting and decaling and it's nowhere near what you saw in your mind's eye.

:banghead:

I'd go with your idea of back tracking and doing what you used to enjoy. Sounds like a plan there.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 25, 2015, 11:31:40 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2015, 06:46:38 AM
Beaufighter's interesting. One was test flown with twin 40mm guns. One was an S gun as used by the Hurricane and I'm not sure what the other one was, but it was used in comparative tests. I aim to build her in either Coastal Command or desert colours

The Rolls-Royce BH 40mm.

Thank you  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I enjoy the painting more than the building.
You need a sidekick Max.  You build, they paint.  Team Librarian.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Wow... :o those are some big guns... and lots of 'em!! What a beautiful beast that A-3's turning into... :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Librarian

Next project is underway, but don't hold your breath as I've no idea where this is going to go. Started hybridising a Mustang and a Do335, inspired by:

http://lcart3.narod.ru/image/fantasy/jim_burns/jim_burns_mechanismo.jpg

and this incredible conversion that was posted on this forum some time back:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234959947-dornier-do-335-f5sf-conversion-hobby-boss-172/

Looking good so far but I'm having techno diff with Photobucket at present so I'll post when I can :thumbsup:.

Librarian

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Hate, hate, hate etc. Why do I do it :banghead:. Looking good but this is insanity....sanded and superglued fingertips to debit card, then filled room with blue 'putty'. Deep breaths and relaaaaax, put kit away for few days.

zenrat

Relax Max.  Just knock up something simple OOB and paint it a wacky colour. scheme  You'll feel better for it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Librarian

Sound advice but I started tinkering this morning. Just a glutton for punishment.

The Do-335 project is going to be my first serious sci-fi-ish whiffy, completely unflyable in reality but a cut and paste fantasy. Either rear props or jets, haven't decided yet, but no powerplant up front.

Also thinking about a second entry for the build-off, a simple high performance land plane in Gulf colours....just a few simple mods ;D.

Photobucket is really hacking me off, seems to take an aeon to upload an image. I'll try some in the early hours as things speed up substantially.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on August 09, 2015, 06:36:10 AM
Photobucket is really hacking me off, seems to take an aeon to upload an image. I'll try some in the early hours as things speed up substantially.

You and me both :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

I hate to jinx a project by (gasp!) being positive but this DO335 is going to be the Hound of the Baskerville's love spuds....every now and then one has to go a little bananas and this one's the Librarian's breakfast, lunch and dinner ;D.

Just about finished the wings...buy a new can of primer tomorrow with food money left by wife (gone to Crete) and then post a piccie or two. Might lose a few pounds....

zenrat

Food grows on trees.  Paint they have to make...
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on August 21, 2015, 05:15:36 PM
buy a new can of primer tomorrow with food money left by wife (gone to Crete) and then post a piccie or two. ....

Well at least she didn't leave you tied up outside.....I hope ?  ;D

Librarian

A triplet of update photos of my lunacy...all flaps, slats and airbrakes deployed, reconfigured landing gear bays (offset front a la A-10 for BEEG gun ;D) with lots and lots of lumps and bumps and more to come. Going to be dioramered landing on pierced steel with arrestor hook as though just stopped:

Still got air-intakes and a couple more exhausts to fit, not forgetting rear control surfaces etc.

DogfighterZen

I like this, shaping up really good! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Kit's gonna love this build! :lol:

Feral build! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est