Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Seems amazing that some six months have passed since posting on my blog. I'm still very much in the modelling doldrums...just can't seem to get that 'electricity' going but I've recently started to get some new ideas.

Made a serious mistake last night. Recovering from pneumonia and a couple of broken ribs (rebroken apparently...there may be some fragments of bone in the intercostal region??? but have to wait for the swelling etc to go) I watched Peter Cook and Dudley Moore in the "Hound of the Baskervilles". Almost drowned laughing again...that scene with the dog peeing all over Dudley is priceless. God it hurt but worth it ;D.

Although I had some ideas I've a feeling that the whole CWGB is going to be a bust but I'm starting to move in the direction of SEAC RAF aircraft, twin-engine mainly, using a/c from other nations...really whif. Got a lot of physical and mental baggage to dump first and then with luck I'll be up and running :thumbsup:

Tophe

Take your time, take rest enough, then enjoy us again, please (someday, no hurry...) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Well, you can say you've got your hands full... let it all heal good, you know it's a better laugh that way. ;D :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Ribs are buggers to mend.  You'd think they'd have come up with a better design by now.
Your summer is coming so you'll be able to get some heat into your bones soon.  That always helps.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

I've dug out my old 1/48 TU-2 kit from a year or two back. Whilst Googling I've come to the conclusion that its a kit avoided by many modellers....there are certainly some fit issues around the engines and prop hubs (as I discovered before I put it all back in the box ;D ). As the torpedo version I was thinking of giving her to Coastal Command, maybe in the Med as a Beaufort replacement/alternative. There was a version with a 50mm-odd cannon in the nose so maybe a bit of fettling in that direction...Molins style commerce-raider. Then there's the new PE-2 kit screaming to be fitted with Merlins and sent on some Ranger missions...Mosquito? What Mosquito?

Librarian

Officially made the switch to 1/72. It's been a hell of a battle mentally and sent me through several spirals of a snakes and ladders sort. My first project should be up and running soon, a PR Martin Baker idea. I'm going to avoid major surgery kit conversions from now on as I find them exhausting...just simple conversions and whiff paint schemes. I might make an attempt at the Navy GB in some form but as yet undecided. I still like that crazy idea of super-massive carriers with a navalised B-1b :blink:. Pass the medicated Vodka old chap!

Steel Penguin

welcome back,  and the medicated vodka sounds good,  any chance of a hit?  :blink:
the mega carrier and B-1b sounds awesome, maybe something like a tabular iceberg ?  you could do it in 1:32 and get a decent sized house boat as well  :thumbsup:  the Whif of a lifetime  ;D  where was that vodka again  :o
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

loupgarou

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 05, 2016, 08:40:10 AM
welcome back,  and the medicated vodka sounds good,  any chance of a hit?  :blink:
the mega carrier and B-1b sounds awesome, maybe something like a tabular iceberg ?  you could do it in 1:32 and get a decent sized house boat as well  :thumbsup:  the Whif of a lifetime  ;D  where was that vodka again  :o

The Habakuk project revived? Fantastic!   :cheers:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Librarian

...although I have one 1/48 kit left in the stash, so y'awl might have to forgive a slight lapse. Can't be bothered to stick it on poohbear...er...peebay, and the company should have been called Ming...in terms of fit it stinks...but some interesting possibilities. I keep imagining it in dark navy blue with white codes etc...hints of NA Savage about it :wub:. Right, I'll have a think whilst catching up on Wallander ;D.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Librarian on December 19, 2014, 06:05:00 AM
This camera's really lousy. Decalled and varnished...a joy to get rid of that gloss:

Going to get some work done on the Baby-10 now.

Whoa!  I've been reading through. Lot's of neat stuff here. Just thought I'd pause for a moment and say, "hell yeah!" 
-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

Quote from: Librarian on July 24, 2015, 07:39:01 AM

Here's the Beaufighter. Bit of a mess at present. Took an age to hollow out those intakes at the leading edge to make them for superchargers. Currently stupidly overarmed with four 30mm, one 37mm and one 75mm short barrelled gun, and a 20mm in each wing root (eventually) :

Dug out this unfinished project. Stripped her of paint and redesigned the gun pod. She'll have BMW power eggs but I'm keeping the intakes on the leading edges. All over aluminiuminuminum paint scheme with some anti-glare panels but haven't decided on VNAF or Armee de l'Air yet. Post some piccies soon.

NARSES2

Armee de l"Air Indo China, can go with mine then  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Couple of progress shots...hate this old camera :banghead::

Also pulled out some parts from an XF5F kit and started enhancing ;D;

Cut out a section and replaced with cannon panel from a Mossie:

and making use of those discarded Hercules with a new supercharger (?) scoop:

Completely run out of cash so both projects now on hold until the end of the month...need a new XF5F kit, some resin bits and pieces and some decals.

TheChronicOne

Go, man, go!!!!   

She's starting to come together. That's a bigarsed cannon on there!!   :O    ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

2 types of 40 mm cannon were trialed on Beau's. I keep meaning to build one  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.