Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Finally received some funds so I've made a couple of small orders. Progress:

Beaufighter at a standstill 'til bits arrive. Did some further sanding and filling of issues highlighted by the photos.

Skyrocket is getting some new eggs....wasn't happy with the Hercules; a bit too old looking.

Spent a few happy days ploughing through the spares boxes and turned up all parts required for a TA154 mistel so going to do something fun with that.

Onwards.....

Librarian

....and due to the fact I've found a spare Skyrocket canopy there's a very good chance a two-seater is in the offing ;D

Think twin-engine T-28/Skyraider...gives me a chance to use this:

https://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/shop/aerobonus-usaf-pilot-instructor-wseats-northame-p-49819.html

Old Wombat

I'll be waiting & watching! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

Managed to get a bit of work done this weekend. New twin cockpit and power eggs in place. Going for one of those Farm Gate schemes, early sixties...had to be two man ships for a Vietnamese observer to ride along:

TheChronicOne

Glad you went with the twin cockpit. I imagine the feller facing backwards will have some sort of gun to shoot? Or....  a mortar?  Something?   ;D ;) ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

There will be a 'nuisance' gun to keep off them pesky critters. Still awaiting some things so haven't progressed but have had a lot of fun building a serious piece of whif ordnance. Did manage to cut and adapt the canopy. Items should get here tomorrow and I can get motoring.

TheChronicOne

Sounds gloriuos, bro!   :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

My turn in the barrel as the important package of two went missing...turned up yesterday but way too busy to accomplish anything. I'll start putting some ordnance together :banghead:.

Spent some time last week organising the spares boxes and found a long forgotten but intact AN-2 kit, a floatplane without undercart but a whif it shall be and therefore I can create my own beefier affair. This one's going to be an AC- type gunship ;D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPS4tqBpPIA

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

Still no progress as I've become hopelessly distracted by Japanese-ifying a Skyraider. New wings, cockpit and canopy and pooossibly a  recontoured vertical stabiliser. The trick is to make an aircraft that is so American looking into something with Japanese traits. Lots of fun but have to put it away and get on with the work in hand...Mother! Oh God, mother! Blood! Blood!  :banghead:.

Librarian

Full of beans last night so went most of it full throttle. Progress:

and the Skyraider:

There's a small raised section to go just behind the canopy to blend it in and raise the gunners position but haven't shown that ;D.

Really reached that stage where I have to start painting canopies....Beaufighter too :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:.

comrade harps

Quote from: Librarian on October 12, 2016, 02:30:13 AM
Full of beans last night so went most of it full throttle. Progress:

I opened the thread, saw that, and went: Ohhh.

Funky.
Whatever.

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on October 12, 2016, 02:30:13 AM

"Engines, wings, weapons.  Are we forgetting anything?"
Its like the fuselage and tail are an afterthought.
Brilliant.  I'm loving it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

That is absolutely awesome! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Logan Hartke

Wow, that's really starting to resemble the Focke-Wulf "Hellhound" from the old Crimson Skies video game.

Cheers,

Logan