Librarian's Banana

Started by Librarian, January 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Long time since I went into a gee-tar shop.  What was on their "Do Not Play" list?
Used to always be Smoke on the Water and Stairway to Heaven.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Quote from: zenrat on January 06, 2017, 01:10:59 AM
Long time since I went into a gee-tar shop.  What was on their "Do Not Play" list?
Used to always be Smoke on the Water and Stairway to Heaven.

Still there ;D. DENIED!

Librarian

After what feels like weeks of waiting the decals finally appeared yesterday. Model is now complete and I'll post some pictures ASAP.

Next project inspired by this http://modelingmadness.com/review/preww2/j/thomka14.htm beauty from Finemolds...IJNAF commission for a larger variant to be used as a strike-fighter, much like Aichi achieved later with the B7A. Minus warload she could apparently mix it up equally with F4U/F6F...I did read that donkeys years ago so not sure how accurate the report was.

TheChronicOne

Yay for pictures!!!   :laugh:

That's one interesting airplane there...  looks like someone mashed together a Corsair, Peashooter, Spitfire, and some other stuff.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Very Japanese looking aircraft from the period. Possibly pass as Italian but that's about it. Nice looker.

I've got a soft spot for Fine Moulds kits, always enjoyed the ones I've built.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Some progress shots:

Engine parts:

Librarian

First coats going on...that red really needs a bit of brown or black in it for the next coat :banghead:

Librarian

Second coat going on....love brush painting and White Ensign paints but they need a minimum 24hrs, if not 48hrs, between coats :banghead:

Had a fun idea for an extendable tailwheel for torp ops...some kind of jackscrew? Might discard it.

NARSES2

Yup White Ensign are my favourite enamels, just glad they are still being produced as they do some colours for air forces others don't.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Some colours seem to have been deleted...Mitsubishi green for instance. Maybe I'm reading the site wrong.

Couldn't sleep so made a night of plastic surgery. Shortened the spats as they were too long, and started cutting the F4U fuselage...some interesting ideas there but time will tell if its productive.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on January 15, 2017, 05:13:08 AM
Some colours seem to have been deleted...Mitsubishi green for instance. Maybe I'm reading the site wrong.

Just checked and yes some seem to have gone. Next time I see them at a show I shall ask

Librarian

Honourable Airfix Stuka and venerable Esci HS123 (1/48). They were plugged for the OKGB but I never found the time ;D. Dated but lovely to put together.

Librarian

Finished build http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43239.msg754598.html#msg754598

Next up is the replacement aircraft, the AB2Y. I've spent years resisting the urge to desecrate the holy shrine that is the F4U but here goes.

Do I stick to spats or keep the u/c :banghead:. Only serious issue is filling the wing-root intakes and cutting out/replacing the vent behind them. Otherwise should be relatively straightforward:

NARSES2

Might as well go the whole hog with spats  ;)

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 19, 2017, 06:26:05 AM
Might as well go the whole hog with spats  ;)

;D. Need a soundbite for "Wah wah wah waaaah!"

Progress which was remarkably smooth:

Really would like to spat it...there's a nice JU87 set available from hannants with the lower half removed to avoid mud-clogging. Paint her up in China theatre camo :wub:.