A little help please......

Started by Army of One, January 27, 2014, 05:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

This was in a book I recently bought and apparently shows a view from an He111 on a mission over England on either 25/26 August 1940.....I'm sure its a He100.....can anyone confirm this and did any actually participate in the BoB...?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Could it be that it is just a propaganda shot? Looks surely like a He 100D, and the large emblems suggest that it is one of those spurious PR aircraft. AFAIK, the machines were never used for "real" missions, or just relegated to factory defence missions. I'd say that it is a pic of a real He 100D, but not a "hot duty" image.

Logan Hartke

Yes, it's a photograph of a Heinkel He 100 taken from a He 111.  No, it's not on mission over England in 1940.  It's an April 1940 image for a Der Adler article.  Here's a couple more from the same series.

Cheers,

Logan

PR19_Kit

They probably had different numbers on each side too....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Logan......cheers for that,mucho appreciated.........I was just quoting from the book....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Logan Hartke

By the way, what book is it?

Thanks,

Logan

Army of One

Dogfight:The greatest air duels of WW2........editor Tony Holmes......mix up of Osprey Aircraft of the aces and their Duel series....some great artwork n stories in it.......

ISBN 978-1-78200-881-1
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

The first pic is rather neat....I like the odd angled shots like that.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

The placement and size of the Balkenkreuz on the upperwing is a giveaway that it isn't a real Luftwaffe aircraft.  They should be smaller and further outboard on the wings.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.