Mi 24

Started by lancer, January 31, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

My contribution to the build is going to be a Hind in either British or Finnish markings, I haven't decided as of yet...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Logan Hartke

I still have my old Mi-24 profiles out there if you need inspiration.

What If - Logan's Gallery

Cheers,

Logan

PantherG

So...once time I make a different British Hind than Logan...

lancer

Many thanks for the ideas gents. It's given me something to think about.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

I'll give you something else....Finnish ! Just wouldn't look right in British service.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 02, 2014, 07:19:10 PM
I'll give you something else....Finnish ! Just wouldn't look right in British service.

Why's that, Toad san??

Captain Canada

I dunno ! I know we do whifs of everything and anything used by him or her or them or us, but to me, a Hind helicopter in NATO service just doesn't seem right ! Cold War mentality maybe ?

I does look good in the above Commando scheme tho.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

BAE had a Hind, IIRC they were using it to investigate offering upgrades.  It now lives at the Midland Air Museum, I've sat in the cockpit.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_gxyO6PvCSas/Sq91VZUBdEI/AAAAAAAAEzg/7YQbWjKF9ao/s1280/mi-24.jpg

I guess you fit that into a back story for using Hinds in British service?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Yes indeed they do look good ! I have to admit a moment of JMNing when I first said it, but then again, there is just something so un-Anglo about those clunky Russian choppers..... :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on February 05, 2014, 07:00:05 AM
BAE had a Hind, IIRC they were using it to investigate offering upgrades.  It now lives at the Midland Air Museum, I've sat in the cockpit.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_gxyO6PvCSas/Sq91VZUBdEI/AAAAAAAAEzg/7YQbWjKF9ao/s1280/mi-24.jpg

I guess you fit that into a back story for using Hinds in British service?

As did a lot of us that day.....

Mossie

Ah, course, it was the SIG AGM!!!  Tell me I wasn't the only one who lined one of the other exhibits up and shouted 'DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!' ;D ;D ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on February 06, 2014, 01:53:09 AM
Ah, course, it was the SIG AGM!!!  Tell me I wasn't the only one who lined one of the other exhibits up and shouted 'DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!' ;D ;D ;D

Nope, you weren't the only one....

lancer

Right, an update. All the interior is built painted and ready to be fitted. Very ingenious way of fitting it to the fuselage. By way of tabs and slots.I've dry fitted it and it goes together very well. Also done id the main wheel wells as the need to be ftted before the fuselage does together. I've also built the first sprue of weapons for this beastie. God's there is a ton of it???
Pictures will be coming soon.

Army of One

Quote from: Captain Canada link=topic=38361.msg627969#msg627969 date=1391563479

I does look good in the above Commando scheme tho.

/quote]

Aha.......!!!!! We'll make a believer outta you yet.....!!!!!

Lancer......what kit are you using.....? What scale.....?  When you gonna post the pics.....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!