MiG 37 "Flathead" Ilmavoimat

Started by Ed S, February 01, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

This is the Revell MiG 1.44 Technology Demonstrator as a production fighter purchased by the Finnish Air Force. I expect to build it pretty much "Out Of The Box" and just add some armament to it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

perttime

That should be interesting :)

Have you decided on a color scheme?
Air superiority grey? Or a camo with grey and some earth shades?

Ed S

Quote from: perttime on February 02, 2014, 12:19:21 AM
That should be interesting :)

Have you decided on a color scheme?
Air superiority grey? Or a camo with grey and some earth shades?
[/qu3ote]

Still thinking about this.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Spey_Phantom

when i first read the title, i thought it was the Italeri Mig-37 Ferret kit  :rolleyes:
i will be looking forward to this build  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Nice start....sounds like a great idea !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Nils on February 02, 2014, 12:25:38 PM
when i first read the title, i thought it was the Italeri Mig-37 Ferret kit  :rolleyes:

Me too! Sounds interesting, anyway - and I'd be glad to see the result in a non-air-superiority scheme (maybe the classic green/black/blue?).

Ed S

I'M BACK.

And finished this one just in time.  Sorry no updates. I just noticed a few days ago that this had been extended to the end of July. I haven't exactly done much modeling in the last few months and have visited the forum sporadically.  The real world has a way of imposing other priorities.

Here is my Mig 1.44 in Finnish Markings.

Not the best photos. Taken with my cell phone. Hopefully, in the next couple days, I can set up for some beauty shots.

Enjoy.

Ed

Weaver

Whoa! That looks brilliant!  :wub:

PLEASE tell us how you got that paint effect!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Wow!
I've got the Zvezda kit in my stash. Its missing an exhaust nozzle, looks as though it should have V/STOL.

dumaniac

Yes please - how did you do that superb camo

Old Wombat

That is the most awesome paint scheme, dude! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Welcome back !

Nice one Ed. The camo looks great, and the Finnish roundels look great on it ! Wouldn't want to mess with neutrality with them flying that !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on July 31, 2014, 08:15:06 PM
Whoa! That looks brilliant!  :wub:

PLEASE tell us how you got that paint effect!  :thumbsup:

I know the trick, it's old school custom car paint work...  ;)

If you look closely, you recognize some lace (maybe two layers) which was placed above the basic tone, and then the dark green was sprayed over. That's why the spots are so blurred at the wing/fuselage intersection, the lace was not tight enough...  ;D

Never expecte to see that on a model kit, though, very creative!  :ph34r:

Something that normally looks like this:

perttime

Looks good! And you don't see camo like that every day.

... something like lace would make sense. First I was thinking some kind of random splatter but the result isn't that random. I've seen people do interesting effects with different kinds of net or web like materials: dragon scales, for example.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.