Skyraider Floatplane

Started by zenrat, February 02, 2014, 01:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks folks.  Glad you like it.
I neglected to mention that I stretched the Kingfisher float by 30mm (2160 scale mm but decided by eyeball engineering) which should address the bouyancy issue somewhat.
The colours are meant to be vegetation, sand, surf, shallow water and deep water with the underside being an Australian deep blue summer sky.

comrade harps - I live almost next door to Mornington cemetery.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Thanks for the idea of modifying the floats...I guess you could go the other way and shorten them as well ! Funny I had never thought of that.....duh.... :banghead:

Like I said, I love single float aeroplanes !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

You can even scratch build them.  Although it does take an awful lot of putty...

I contemplated putting a single float on a Wyvern.  Then I looked up what they weigh...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Army of One

Awesome work all round there..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Joe C-P

Very nice.
Always like a plane that's also a boat, and that's a pretty one.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Dizzyfugu

Cool idea and execution - the cammo scheme looks funny (at first), but is plausible.  :thumbsup:

ericr

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 10, 2014, 04:40:32 AM
Cool idea and execution - the cammo scheme looks funny (at first), but is plausible.  :thumbsup:

funny AND plausible : would that be a definition of Whif?  :smiley:

Tophe

No need of being plausible, fun is enough. And there is a big amount of fun in there! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Thanks folks.  If it's not fun I get bored quickly and then it never gets finished.
Fun is the No. 1 aim (and numbers 2 through 7 as well).  It's a hobby after all.  Start taking it seriously and it might as well be work.
Fred