Harrier leftovers

Started by sandiego89, February 08, 2014, 08:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

So I needed to make a podded Pegasus for another upcoming WHIF, and had to cut the mid section out of a GR1 to get the mid fuselage, nozzles, intakes etc.  This left some scrap bits that got me thinking....what do do with Harrier leftovers?

The victim. Poor GR1 never saw it coming

Surgery. The podded Pegasus is shown in the middle in dark gray and will serve as the master for my next project.  The leftovers are in light gray.

coming together.

Interior of ducts scratched up from styrene.

New tail pipe from a mechanical pencil cut down. Intakes scratched up.  Light blue is an egg from the Easter bunny.  Really like some of the curves you can get from these eggs.  

Next to my KGR.3 Harrier to provide some scale.

Still debating a horizontal stabilizer.  Not sure I have enough wing sweep for control, but looks similar the me-163.  

Perhaps a bit like a Fairey FD.1 or a Me163  

Back story pends.  R&D? Interceptor? Parasite?  Hmmmmmm
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Logan Hartke

Trainer.  It looks a lot like the IA 63 Pampa to me.

Cheers,

Logan

pyro-manic

Gnat/Skyhawk hybrid. Cheap, light ground attack. India/Rhodesia, early '60s?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

Nice work so far ! Looks like it could fly to me. Nice to see all the podded Pegasus' in the background as well. What's the deal with the KGR.3 ? Is there a thread here ? Off to the search page.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 08, 2014, 10:37:08 AM
Nice work so far ! Looks like it could fly to me. Nice to see all the podded Pegasus' in the background as well. What's the deal with the KGR.3 ? Is there a thread here ? Off to the search page.....

:cheers:

Thanks. The KGR.3 wih a buddy pod on one wing was designed to pass fuel to my two seat Sea Harrier airborne early warning aircraft, SeaHarrier AEW.1.  Falklands conflict extended to late 1982.  Thread here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23478.msg340553.html#msg340553

Pyro- like that thought.  Cheap ground attack- Gnat competitor. 
Dave "Sandiego89"

Army of One

It looks like something from a Luft46 drawing board..........great work......!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Ed S

Interesting design. I'm not sure that it would be stable without a horizontal tail. But it's a WHIFF so do as you like.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sandiego89

Quote from: Ed S on February 08, 2014, 06:58:54 PM
Interesting design. I'm not sure that it would be stable without a horizontal tail. But it's a WHIFF so do as you like.

Ed

I agree. Think I will have a small stab- perhaps near the top of the tail.
Dave "Sandiego89"

kerick

Looks like something very strange happened to a Skyhawk! Looks like fun.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Must admit my first thought was a light attack aircraft perhaps for the RAuxAF ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Zero-Sen

R&D (X-13 look-alike) or cutest parasite fighter ever! ;D

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Logan Hartke on February 08, 2014, 09:41:10 AM
Trainer.  It looks a lot like the IA 63 Pampa to me.

Cheers,

Logan

I was reminded of the Northrop Fang - there popped up some nice profiles in the CG section... Cute thing!

TallEng

Reminds me of a 50's British experimental Aircraft, like the Bolton-Paul P.111
But then that's just me.... :rolleyes:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks