Supermarine Surefire Mk. II - Finished

Started by Old Wombat, February 17, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thank you, gents, for all your coments to date. :thumbsup:

I'm a bit short on time due to domestic commitments over my leave period & haven't had time to comment much but I have poked my nose in to check every now & again whilst doing other things & I appreciate seeing you all paying attention, & caring enough to say something.

Thanks! :bow:

:cheers:

Guy

PS: Forgot to say that the Surefire was armed with only 2 x 20mm cannon, to keep weight down.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Very beautiful result, and I prefer this to military colours, thanks! :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

perttime

The race paint looks right  :thumbsup:
I didn't expect it either but it is, after all, a natural role for such an aircraft.

Captain Canada

Great job on that scheme ! Looks awesome like that. I have to say I was surprised myself, as she would look great in fighting colours...but this way is nice too !

The story makes sense too....love the idea of shooting on the way up, but with only 2 cannon that would be tough. With all that power surely you could add 4, 6 or 8 more !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:

Captain: I was figuring with the weight of the aircraft (having 2 bloody great Griffons stuck in it) the wing loading would be pretty high, adding too many guns would only make that worse. I suppose you might be able to take it up to 4 x 20mm cannons but that could lead to wing failures in high-g turns (like at the bottom of the diving passes). I was being cautious, especially as the cannons would be set quite far out on the wings.

Guy

TallEng

:cheers: that is beautiful Guy,  :thumbsup: you're Surefire looks cracking
In its racing colours. I must admit I had thought about racing colours for my SwiftFire,
But I think I will revert to plan 'A' (whatever that was) :blink:
And I like the backstory :thumbsup:
I suppose I'll have to think of one myself now :unsure:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

major

Fantastic!!!!
Race scheme is superbe, don't think any other would have done it justice.
Cheers... Ray 

CSMO

It looks bloody marvelous. I don't generally pick nits, but as a former pilot, I notice that the controls are crossed. The rudder is indicating a left turn and the ailerons are posed for a right bank. The combination of control inputs would probably get dicey in a hurry. Adios, Larry.
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

Old Wombat

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Quote from: CSMO on February 25, 2014, 03:44:26 PM
It looks bloody marvelous. I don't generally pick nits, but as a former pilot, I notice that the controls are crossed. The rudder is indicating a left turn and the ailerons are posed for a right bank. The combination of control inputs would probably get dicey in a hurry. Adios, Larry.

Control check prior to take off. ;)

McColm

Old Wombat

Thank you all for your kind comments, gentlemen! Much appreciated! :bow:

Guy