AVRO CF-105 Arrow, Belgian Air Force, 350 squadron.

Started by Spey_Phantom, February 22, 2014, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

just thought i'd start with a simple project, just to get my motivation back.
i found this old Hobbycraft CF-105 kit in the stash and thought this might look good in Belgian markings.

as for decals, i combined a few from various DACO sets i have (serials from a multiple serials sheet, roundels/finflash left over from a Spitfire sheet, squadron markings from F-16 and F-104 sheets,...)

as for a color scheme, im thinking either grey/green camo (like on Belgiums CF-100's) or the 3-tone Vietnam camo (from the Mirage 5BA and later F-104G)

there arent to many parts, so should be a quick and simple build  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dizzyfugu

Good choice of aircraft and livery combo!  :thumbsup:

Grey/green would be plausible, but I guess a three-tone wraparound scheme with smaller roundels would look much more interesting here. I have seen a Belgian Saab 35 Draken in such a guise, and it looked really sexy!

Looking forward - I also have an Arrow in the pile, but it will become Canadian, with a low-viz scheme, though.  :rolleyes:

kitbasher

I'd love one of the old Hobbycraft Arrows - I know exactly how I'd whif it.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

One of mine, a Mk.2 :

And another, a total whiff this one:

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Daryl J.

Captain Canada

Come on Nils ....give us an update already ! No pressure, but you said it was gonna be quick and easy !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Mine are all here Nils, if you want to check them out. I really need to build a few more Belgian Century Series jets.....just love that camo and roundel combo !

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23219.0.html

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

UPDATE:

its been a long time coming, but work has finally started on the Belgian CF-105  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

construction is done, and the first layers for the SEA camo have been applied,
although i dont like the results with the tan paint, might go for a lighter sand-type color  :-\

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Oh yeah ! Now we're talking ! Looking good already Nils.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

final layer of camo done, the lighter tan comes out better  :thumbsup:
once its dry, im gonna start masking it off and start the final paintworks  :mellow:
after that, i'll give the whole model a gloss layer (better to apply decals on and smoothes the whole paintjob out)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

UPDATE:

almost finished, major paintwork is done, all parts are gleued on, just need to touch up here and there  :mellow:
once all the paint is dry, then its time to put on a layer of clear paint to even everything out, and apply the decals .

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Nice....must feel good to get this one done, after talking about it for som long !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?