Airbus Helicopters Ocelot UAH 1/72

Started by piko1, March 01, 2014, 02:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piko1

Airbus Helicopters Ocelot UAH ( Unmanned Autonomous Helicopter ) is based on
Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin 2 medium-weight multi-purpose twin-engine helicopter.
Ocelot is used for a wide range of military roles, fire support, anti-submarine warfare,
anti-surface warfare, and armed reconnaissance

in Early 2013 Airbus Helicopters, Boeing, Northrop Grumman,  Bell and Sikorsky received top secret US army requirements for the next Generation unmanned autonomous multi-purpose  helicopter the projects were required to use existing airframe eventually the project  was separated in two different programs multi-purpose and pure Attack helicopter the contract for the first was won by Airbus Helicopters America and the second resurrected
the Comanche but i will tell you the full story of this Phoenix like resurrection another time

They will replace us all ... some day

Ocelot is Unmanned but in different way no one controls the helicopter yes the human interaction was removed that was the idea in the first place
if we ask  Jody William ( Nobel prize for peace laureate ) she will insist that this is a killer drone and in a seance she will be right we have the technology all ready to make the Ocelot a reality the missing piece to complete the puzzle was the Artificial intelligence ( AI )
in late 2012 IBM made a breakthrough that changes all this the DARPA / US army founded black project used IBM DeepQA project as starting
point and thousands hours of recorded data from the OH-58D and AH-64 flight's there were some unique problems that the developers needed to
solve and they did it and that's how the first  self aware AI was born in a sense The only negative side of using this AI was that every unite have its own personality who would thought that a several bits of stolen Soviet code from a missile can lead
to the creation of something so beautiful and deadly at a same time

the Bulgarian Air Force link

in 2014 the Bulgarian Army was near extinction so in deep secrecy the Ministry of Defence approached Airbus and the US Army for help preserving Bulgaria defence capability Ocelot was one of the projects of the most massive rearmament program after WWII Bulgaria ended up with order for 60 ( plus 20 optional ) brand new Ocelots stationed all over Bulgaria territory they were involved in all sorts of missions from border patrol, rapid response in case of natural disasters to anti-tank and anti-submarine warfare Ocelots were greeted with particular skepticism by the Bulgarian Army and  hatred by the Bulgarian pilots and the public at first but that was soon to changed in the night of 24 march 2016 a Magnitude 8.6 earthquake devastated the north part of the country the Ocelot's were among the first on site for Assessment of the situation and helping rescue teams  finding people under the ruins of the Svishtov city day and night the first nickname of the Machines come from a Euronews report in which a mid aged woman  called the helicopter Gray Angel the Technicians that take care of the Ocelots call them Kit-Kat's

Tail Number 448

is the 48 machine of the initial deliverе from 5rd Squadron of  Stara Zagora Air Base Elena or Eli for short as she introduces herself or the Pink Kitty as the Technicians call her for her strange habit  of purring when she is undergoing maintenance and her favorite color Pink she is the Hotshot of the squad from her recent AMA on Reddit we know that she is fan of the science fiction her favorite movies are short circuit 1 and 2
star trek first contact and Star Wars her favorite actors are  Patrick Stewart , LeVar Burton, Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, and Angelina Jolie her favorite author is Isaac Asimov she often plays video games when she is off duty her favorite game is legue of legends the champions she likes most is Vi the Piltover Enforcer and Lee Sin the Blind Monk she is fan of Cruzerthebruzer and in the end she loves to make pranks on the army system administrators
some photos of the project progress with Mr.Surfacer :)
needs more antennas and to decide what variant it will be

album link :
http://imgur.com/a/Y6JrO#0

Dizzyfugu

The nose looks nice - pretty much the other way around what I did with the Kotobukiya mecha drone which I turned into a manned 'copter.

Already an idea what to make of it? Some public service verhicle would be nice, IMHO, there's so much military stuff... Fire Brigade could be nice, or some maritime surveillance, in a semi-military role (like Coast Guard).

piko1

well not yet but it will be something along the line  of coast guard we will see :lol:

McColm

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

piko1

well lets say this is EDI from stealth but Helicopter Amazon  drone is way too down to earth for my baby girl (but you never know what will happen with one EC-135 xD right )

Go4fun

AMAZON DRONE DELIVERY: Skeet shooting with prizes!  ;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

lancer

Quote from: Go4fun on March 03, 2014, 06:06:37 AM
AMAZON DRONE DELIVERY: Skeet shooting with prizes!  ;D

Now THAT is a brilliant idea..Maybe it could be turned into a new sport.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

piko1

boys you know what will happen with all this ideas right i have that EC-135 and well lets say that it will have similar faith   :tornado:

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Love the shape of it. Funny how I don't like aeroplane type drones, but love helicopter types !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

piko1

well here is some progress i we made in the week
ups forgot the link hehe

http://imgur.com/a/IoroG#0

Captain Canada

Looking good !

I was confused for a second, as it looks like it's perched atop a tin of Humbrol paint !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

piko1

for some odd reason the Surfacer showed up some of the panel lines and yeh there is some smoke added if that's not even close to the finish line :D
(the lines showed up even if it was polished as glass with 2500 grid before the paint )

piko1

did someone say'd decals ?

piko1