1/72 Martin Maine OSM-1 (ex-Matchbox Wellesley)

Started by The Big Gimper, March 01, 2014, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: The Big Gimper on March 05, 2014, 05:21:25 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 03, 2014, 01:13:22 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2014, 02:29:49 AM
It's amazing just how Whiffable a Wellesley is, yours must be the 15th different version we've had on here, astonishing.  :o

Yes, the Wellesley has a lot of potential. Lots of aircraft to work with - and this one looks good! Looking forward to see how the area between cockpit and C stand ends up, as well as the eventual livery of that thing? USN Atlantic colors, maybe?

I'm going to do this one in USN Blue-Gray over Light Gull Gray.

Uh, nice - looking forward to see that one. I plan to do a whiffy SBC1 Helldiver in Dark Gull Grey/White in the blurry, far future...
Besides, those colorful experimental USN schemes in the Paint/Cammo section could also provide some inspiration?  :rolleyes:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 02, 2014, 03:49:21 AM
Now I remember what I was going to do with the Wellesley I gave to Kitbasher - far east torpedo bomber to replace the Wildebeestes.

PM inbound!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Big Gimper

I have been diagnosed with MADS (Modelers Attention Deficit Syndrome) aka the Start, Stop, Stare, Start, Stop, Sad, Sherry, Shelf-of-Doom, Sympathy and Success.

The starting date on this post/build was 1 year and 7 months ago. But through the miracle of modern medicine and some nice Apple Cider, I finally finished the kit.  I finished it in US Marines vs USN as originally proposed. Painted with acrylic paints, many a hairy stick, decals from a J2F and other sources.

Which single engine aircraft has the largest wing span?
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

jcf

Quote from: The Big Gimper on October 15, 2015, 01:06:27 PM

Which single engine aircraft has the largest wing span?

Probably the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer with its 114' (34.75m) wingspan.

The Tupolev ANT-25 at 111' 7" (34m) is probably still the longest span piston engined single.

PR19_Kit

Cracking looking aeroplane that.  :thumbsup: :bow:

Where did the canopy come from? It suits the Wellesley fuselage very well indeed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Big Gimper

Lots of stuff

TallEng

Yet another take on the good old Wellesley :thumbsup:
And nicely done too.
I take its not carrier Bourne? as the only way I can see that thing folding its wings is
If they concertina together ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

A very cool Plain. I like the big wigs and the cockpit canopy

Captain Canada

Wow...did that ever turn out nice ! Love the look of it. Definitely got that late 30s look. The colours and markings look great as well. And the new cockpit and engine make the base kit almost unrecognizable. Great whif !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

:banghead: Why didn't I recognise that canopy? I was thinking Vindicator or Kate or similar.

It'd look even MORE American with a TBM turret at the rear too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Big Gimper

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2015, 07:35:36 AM
:banghead: Why didn't I recognise that canopy? I was thinking Vindicator or Kate or similar.

It'd look even MORE American with a TBM turret at the rear too.  ;D

The OSM-1A might have a rear turret.  :rolleyes:

Lots of stuff

sandiego89

Glad you worked through your MADS disorder!  Happens to most of us....

Turned out great! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA