RAM's M41AS Vietnam 1968

Started by Old Wombat, March 04, 2014, 06:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

Love it! Would love to make a USMC version, using your techniques.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Old Wombat

Thank you very much, lads!

I doubt I'm going to get this finished before I have to fly out for another 6 months, though.

So, along with the HMBLT (which I seem to have develoed a bit of a case of modeller's-block on), the T-62 that I part-finished on CI with this one & a SF kit boxed up in the shed I have 4 stalled builds.

Hooray! :banghead:

:cheers:

Guy

PS: nighthunter, go for it! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

dekybomber

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

Again, to all of you, thank you for your comments! :bow: :bow:

These are the final pic's for the next 6/7 months, as I'm off to my particular version of Happy Land on Thursday & I wont have time to learn basic airbrushing & paint this before I go.

So, here is the beast all tied together with Tamiya grey primer, which should be well & truly dry by the time I get back.

You may notice the rather rough paint around the driver's vision blocks, this is because I made them with Micro Krystal Klear & 3 or 4 layers of floor polish & I didn't want to leave the liquid mask on for 6/7 months to bond too well with the "glazing". I will fix it up eventually with the old brush method of painting.

Don't know if I'll get a chance to get back before I leave, so; Hope you've enjoyed the show, so far. Catch you as soon as I can on Island.

Guy

NARSES2

There's something about models in grey primer, look so nice

Enjoy the trip
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Ya agredd....looks awesome ! Like a manufacturers test shot.

Hope it's not too dusty when you get back !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Take care of yourself where ever you are going.
What if you place the M-41 in a Wal mart bag to keep the dust off but leave it open to let vapors out?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Thanks, gents! :bow:

A gentleman, elsewhere, has suggested that I fit a searchlight over the barrel... It may well happen (M-48 detail set).... One day. ;)

Guy

nighthunter

Well, great minds, and all that, thinking of adding the spotlight to the USMC version I plan on getting around to.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

McColm

I'm not an armour fan but I like what you have done.

Old Wombat

kerick

This build has set quite a few gears turning in my musty, rusty, and dusty brain. I broke down and bought the Tamiya kit at HL today. If you go to buy anything there check for their internet coupons. They had one for 40% off any one item. Score!! $18.00 kit for $11.46.
I want to try a new engine deck, target acquisition system for TC and gunner, the TUSK system from the M-1 and maybe a new 90mm gun. Add on armor and lots of trash bins too. No promises as to when.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Anybody have any idea of the diameter of the bolt like fitting that holds on the added armor on the Styker and other vehicles?
http://www.globalsecurity.org/jhtml/jframe.html#http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/staticstryker_army2004-12-14.jpg|||
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Quote from: kerick on May 13, 2014, 07:20:50 PM
. I broke down and bought the Tamiya kit at HL today. If you go to buy anything there check for their internet coupons. They had one for 40% off any one item. Score!! $18.00 kit for $11.46.

I keep forgetting about HL. We shop in the States every week ( gas, beer ) so why not bring a coupon and grab a kit as well ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?