WW II Purists beware.

Started by Go4fun, March 05, 2014, 09:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Given who own Jeep now a Hemi would be appropriate.
But a flattie is always good.

However, if you want something a bit different i've got a spare V6 from a Monogram El Camino.  It's not the most detailed engine ever made in scale but it's compact and should fit in the space.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Go4fun

Sounds interesting Zen. Send me a PM.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

jcf

The V8-60 from that boxing of the Revell 1/25th Kurtiss Midget is an Edelbrock prepped race engine,
the real #27 car was the first to beat the Offie engined Midgets and was actually run using nitro.
More than enough yeeha fer the Jeep.  :thumbsup:

Go4fun

Quote from: zenrat on March 28, 2014, 03:06:22 AM
Given who own Jeep now a Hemi would be appropriate.
But a flattie is always good.

However, if you want something a bit different i've got a spare V6 from a Monogram El Camino.  It's not the most detailed engine ever made in scale but it's compact and should fit in the space.

Beside which in model cars the Hemi has become the "Belly Button" of every kind of build as it seems everyone has one.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Go4fun on March 29, 2014, 08:22:57 PM
Beside which in model cars the Hemi has become the "Belly Button" of every kind of build as it seems everyone has one.

There ain't no substitute for cubic inches!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2014, 01:47:34 AM

You sound like Gar Wood.  ;D

Go4fun

Well thanks to zenrat I have a turbo V-6 from an El Camino kit on the way. If I remember correctly this was was Buick 3800cc engine that was closely related to the engine used in the Buick Regal Grand Nation, a terror in it's own right.
Adequate power, light weight and proper tires sounds like a good combination for lots of fun and reasonable mileage.
Funny as I am in the process of buying a 1992 Buick Regal 3800 non-turbo car.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 30, 2014, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2014, 01:47:34 AM

You sound like Gar Wood.  ;D

I see your Gar Wood's Miss America X and I raise you the late Micky Thompson's Challenger.   ;D

But as we're talking about Hemis perhaps I should have raised the Summers Brother's Goldenrod, even if you can't see the 4 x Hemis in the car in this photo.  ;D ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Go4fun

Hemis are rapidly becoming the 'Belly Buttons" of car modeling. Just like the ZRXXX General Motors engines, those latest generations of the Chevy 'Small block' in real street rodding and Camaros in local short track and drag racing it the 1980s: Everyone had one. I don't see where The Plan for this vehicle calls for being able to reduce tires to dust and smoke, drink a gallon of high test fuel every two miles or having a full replacement chrome molly chassis from bumper to bumper.
The Plan calls for a vehicle to run around town, pick up groceries or new model kits and attend 'Show & Shines", cruise nights and other events where I can puzzle and entertain people with a new take on a flat-fendered jeep.
I love the sound of a Hemi on Nitro, enjoy a nicely assembled rod and like Camaros. But for myself I march to a different drum, nay I dance to a whole different band and do not enjoy the 'Assembly Line' rods built by buying a chassis here, a body there an engine somewhere else and then having yet another shop put it together for you. Hot Rodding is twisting wrenches, using parts you stumble across and building something different to suit your taste. The last true Hot Rods are now called 'Rat Rods' and you can call my jeep that if you want.
PS: This is something I planned to do in 1:1 scale and just never got the cash flow for the parts.

Captain Canada

Quote from: Go4fun on April 03, 2014, 10:57:29 AM
run around town, pick up groceries or new model kits

LOL....I like it !

Stick to the plan  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Hemis are rapidly becoming the 'Belly Buttons" of car modeling.

Probably because almost every 'customizing' kit that AMT, MPC or Jo-Han put out in the 60s and 70s had a Hemi in there somewhere. Almost EVERY dragster kit had a Hemi for motive power because the real ones did as well. I think the sole exception in my garage of dragster kits is the AMT gas dragster from 'American Graffiti' and that has a small block Chevy.

Regards
Kit

Go4fun

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 03, 2014, 12:18:11 PM
run around town, pick up groceries or new model kits

LOL....I like it !
Stick to the plan  :thumbsup:

Gee I have to think now... might a little period correct trailer be in order?  I envision my dog safely restrained in the passenger seat wearing a leather helmet and Doggles, (Goggles made for dogs of all things!). Snap on side curtains and removable doors with sliding windows would be nice for incimate weather.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I think a dog wearing doggles has to be called Biggles...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Go4fun

A big hand to Fred for a kangaroo bounced up to my door and pulled a package out of his pouch and dropped said package containing the promised V-6 drivetrain in my hand.
This should add some interest to my build and get Project Runabout back on track.
Thanks zenrat