In the Bear-ginning

Started by Knightflyer, March 09, 2014, 04:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

I might throw in "Mr. Whoppit, too: the mascot that took part in many rides of Sir Malcolm Campbell, on board of his Bluebird cars (and IIRC the boat, too).

JayBee

Beorn - a skinchanger - from The Hobbit.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Knightflyer

This getting neither my work done ....or my model Bear built (mind you I couldn't do that at work anyway! :blink:)

I was idly (very idly as far as work would be concerned!) pondering Childrens TV

Didn't realise the origin of Barnaby the Bear (I'm Barnaby the Bear I am!) or The Little Polar Bear
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

McColm

If you are into cheese Kaman bear!!

Knightflyer

Quote from: McColm on March 11, 2014, 09:14:56 AM
If you are into cheese Kaman bear!!

Well I have to say you've lost me with that reference? :unsure:?

All I could find was pictures of Chris Kaman (a basketball player) wearing a bear suit  :blink:

Dizzyfugu

You know that smelly, gooey stuff from France...?

Knightflyer

Is that the stuff like Cheddar and Stilton ?!  :wacko: (still don't get the KAMAN BEAR reference ? :unsure:

McColm

I used to in my local road marching group when I was in the Royal Auxiliary Air Force. We'd sing songs and one of these was the Yogi Bear song. There are many versions, so I'll keep it clean.

I know a bear that you know yogi,yogi

Yogi's got a girlfriend bear Suzie, Suzie

Yogi's got a cheesy  friend Camin, Camin

He also has an Australian friend,but the censorship people won't let me write it.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Knightflyer

Okay, so the switch in my brain finally clicked this morning as I sat at the computer at 6.15 and I 'got' Kaman Bear!  :banghead: I am ashamed of myself! As a user of puns myself I can't believe that one sat there obvious in front of me and I just didn't see it!  :banghead: :banghead:
My only excuse (and an extremely feeble one at that !) is that I was so focussed on identifying the bears I didn't know that I thought Kaman Bear was the star of a non-British advert for cheese  :banghead: :banghead:

I shall be pleased to do some modelling tonight and perhaps move this thread back onto the course it's supposed to be heading!

Although I have just thought of another (advertising) bear - George,the Hofmeister Bear!  ;D

Knightflyer

Well still not got back to doing any modelling on the Bear - stalled at present as I prepare myself for the 'chore' of filling and sanding, and also painting undercarriage

Also the Buccaneer I'm doing for the same build got started two nights ago ....so that was 'easier' to face

One thing though, was looking at Shackleton colour schemes, and didn't realise the main colour was good old 'Dark Sea Grey' I always thought it was a much bluer shade - a blue-grey rather than a grey-blue ?

Anyway that has got me thinking .....I like the sound of a 'dark sea GREY BEAR'

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 14, 2014, 01:42:52 AM
One thing though, was looking at Shackleton colour schemes, and didn't realise the main colour was good old 'Dark Sea Grey' I always thought it was a much bluer shade - a blue-grey rather than a grey-blue ?

I know what you mean. Under some lighting conditions it can look very blue indeed, at least to me
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

And since I'm on a roll with photobucket!

NARSES2

Flying Wing anybody ?  :rolleyes:

Coming along nicely
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 15, 2014, 03:11:33 AM
Flying Wing anybody ?  :rolleyes:

Yes that was my first thought  :smiley: it did do a few circuits of the modelling (dining) room!  ;) (only to help the paint dry on the propeller blades obviously! :rolleyes:)