Newfie Beaver ( and other repaints )

Started by Captain Canada, March 09, 2014, 09:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, the Sealand was quite a small aircraft. I saw it at Farnborough in 195something, it was the first amphibian I'd ever seen so I was mightily impressed, an aircraft that could land on water AND on the land, wowee!  ;D

The Lift Here kit is very good, the best resin kit I've ever seen in fact, although I'm not that big a resin builder. The resin itself is very fine, almost styrene-like in its smoothness and quality. There are no pins to locate the parts of course, but that's a small problem. As you can see it has ZILLIONS of parts, including all the seats, even if you can't see them when it's built. The landing gear legs have wire embedded in them to give them more strength, always a problem with resin kits. The plastic bag in the pic contains the two vacform canopies and a plug mould for it too, presumably to aid trimming, but also handy if you mess them both up and need to mould a spare.

My Sealand is going to be an RAF one of course..........  ;)

What do you mean, the RAF never had any? Of COURSE they did, in my world anyway, but I wonder how many people will believe it?  ;D :lol:

How about that? Less than 5 mins after you said 'yes', there they are.  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Trying to find the Turbo Beaver and read that it wasn't out yet, this was back in January though and the article says they would produce the Cessna 310A first, then the Beaver.  Well Aviation Megastore have the 310A in stock now so it won't be long before the Beaver is released.  AM also have some re-issued Sealands available too --- demand must have been high --  ;D  there's two different boxings, with two different decal schemes, with one of them probably the one you saw way -way back then Kit   ;D ;D

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/search/LM5451188bb333764760ce2b8771/_/p1/c/s72/f2394
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Lotsa parts ! I like how the wing is one piece....must be a heavy bugger ! I bet it will build up into a real beauty.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

This is the one I saw at Farnborough. The dark colour was bright green and I think it's the prototype and one of the decal schemes in the Lift Here kit.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

She's a little beauty alright ! Off to google we go....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?