Idea for Space:1999 Eagle transporter.

Started by seadude, March 09, 2014, 10:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Yesterday at a model contest, I purchased in the vendor area the new MPC 1/72 scale Space:1999 Eagle transporter model kit for $20.
http://www.round2models.com/models/mpc/space-1999-eagle1

As I'm sitting at a table during the contest, a few friends suggested to whif it as a Postal delivery vehicle, a space school bus, or a few other things. Neither of those ideas seemed good to me. It wasn't until I got home that I thought of turning it into some sort of Marine Corps military assault cargo/personnel carrier. Maybe something similar/based on the ISSCV from Space: Above and Beyond tv show:
http://spaceaboveandbeyond.tv/images-issapc.html

So if I go with my Marine assault craft idea, then what ideas/suggestions would people have for paint schemes, decal markings, weapons/sensors, etc., etc.?
Are there any websites that offer photoetch parts or other aftermarket accessories to spruce up a kit like this?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

McColm

I've got the Airfix Hawk which looks similar to the Eagle. I was thinking of kitbashing it into a landing platform. I saw a drawing somewhere of a TSR2 using one.

Librarian

Just read the link. Surprisingly no spelling mistakes (very common these days in ads etc) but I was fascinated to read that the moon resides in Earth's atmosphere :blink:. Joking aside, fantastic machine from a series that gave me nightmares, I was about six then. Marines sounds superb.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

pyro-manic

Coastguard/search and rescue machine, in a red&white/red&yellow/grey&dayglo orange scheme?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<