FAR148

Got color no#2 on today.

Thanks for looking,
Steven L  :cheers:

Daryl J.

ChernayaAkula

Damn! Even with only half a paint coat that looks damn sexy!  :wub:

Quote from: FAR148 on September 21, 2014, 11:40:02 AM
<...> Darth Panada's ROKAF Panavia Tornado. I do know it will be a IDS and not a F3 but what scheme :unsure: All look wonderful. <...>

I understand your problem.  :thumbsup: They're all fantastic!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

FAR148

Thanks Daryl and Moritz  :thumbsup:

Got paint no#3 on her today.

I used Model Master enamels Dark Earth(ANA 617), Dark Green(FS34079) and Gunship Gray(FS36118). Got a few areas that need to touched up but all in all I'm much happier with this scheme. The pics really don't do the colors justice, looks way better in person.

Thanks for looking,
Steven L   :wub:

Daryl J.

Camo that neither hides nor detracts from changes to the main kit is difficult to pull off.
Well done so far!

Captain Canada

:bow:

Great job. Love that family of aeroplanes and you're really doing them justice with this one.....beauty.

:wub: :tornado: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Logan Hartke

kerick

Excellent job! Will you paint all the models I have not completed? I always get stalled by painting and I need expert help! :bow:
The pre shading is showing through just right. :thumbsup:

When I look at this project from certain angles I can't help thinking of the front half of a BSG Viper.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

FAR148

QuoteCamo that neither hides nor detracts from changes to the main kit is difficult to pull off.
Well done so far!

Thanks Daryl  :thumbsup: I was hoping it was not going to take away from the shape of the aircraft. I feel the F-20 is pretty sexy and didn't want a paint scheme to mask or hide it.

QuoteGreat job. Love that family of aeroplanes and you're really doing them justice with this one.....beauty.

It words like that that keep me going. Thank You :thumbsup:

QuoteThe pre shading is showing through just right

The key to preshading is thinning your paint properly. I shade with testor plain jane flat black(thinner 60/40 paint to thinner) Once I'm happy with the preshading, I start painting the main scheme starting with the lightest color first. Again, I thinner my paint to 60/40. When the paint is this thin, it take a few passes to build up the color. Making it much easier to have the preshading show through. Also take your time. Preshade one day, shot your first color the next, then another and so on until YOUR happy with the results.

QuoteWhen I look at this project from certain angles I can't help thinking of the front half of a BSG Viper.

Yeah, she does look like a Viper.

Here's this weekends update. Her main camo scheme is done. Still got to paint the metal area in the rear, antennas & bumps and wheel well.  Enough talking, here she is as of today(10/11/14)

Thanks for looking,
Steven L  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Nice. Looking really good now. Love the underside shot. If it weren't for the carpet in the pic it could be the real thing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

FAR148

Project update.... Not much has happen since last time I posted here. The real world has had me pretty busy(work). But now that the holiday season has started, I hope I find some time to play again. I am toying with an idea.... will talk more about that later.

Thanks for stopping by again!
Steven L   :cheers:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?