RF-20 Super Tigereye; Another FAR conversion

Started by FAR148, March 09, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Like the Norwegian bird and the Swiss one is always nice.

A South Vietnamese version or Iranian would also be different.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

FAR148

Small weekend update
Time to get her looking uniform. The AFV RF-5 has some amazing recessed panels and the Monogram F-20 has 1986 greatest raised panels. So this weekend I've been off and on sanding the old panel off and scribing in new ones. I started yesterday on the left side and today I managed to work my way to her underside. Working my way rearward, you can see I'm about half done.

Until next time,
Steven L  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Beautiful, clean work as always Steven ! Which tools are those ? The pin vise looks different and what's the serrated job do ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

philp

Sentenial Chicken did some great F-20 profiles if you are still having trouble picking a scheme.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

Blimey, that's some SERIOUSLY good work there!  :o  :thumbsup: :bow:

I'd never even think of doing stuff like that, respect!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

FAR148

QuoteWhich tools are those ?

I've been using a drafting eraser shield as a scribing template. For scribing, I use the tip x-acto but not the sharp side (sharp edge facing away from the model). The pine vise is normal. I use it for the rivets and widening out the new panel line. The serrated job is an x-acto blade I cut notches out(Dremel tool & cut off wheel) of as well as cut off the tip. It's a great tool to make straight lines of odd surfaces. It cuts/scribe pushing and pulling.

QuoteSentenial Chicken did some great F-20 profiles if you are still having trouble picking a scheme

He did do some great schemes but I'm still playing with a few ideas :thumbsup:

QuoteBlimey, that's some SERIOUSLY good work there!

Thanks PR19_kit :thumbsup:

Steven  :cheers:

TallEng

Oh yes :thumbsup: we're impressed.... very ;D
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Flipping Ada - tremendous work as per usual  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Daryl J.

Excellent engraving work.   :thumbsup:   Is it just me or is that older Monogram plastic just about ideal to work with?

Army of One

Holy........moly.........great work there......I can only wish.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

lancer

Time to pick up a copy of knitting monthly me thinks....Superior work there
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Meh.... S'pose it's alright if you enjoy watching modelling genius at work !  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

FAR148

Thanks guys for your continuous support :thumbsup:

QuoteExcellent engraving work.  :thumbsup:   Is it just me or is that older Monogram plastic just about ideal to work with?

I've found it a little harder to scribe then the newer kits. They do have very good cockpit detail.

QuoteTime to pick up a copy of knitting monthly me thinks

Don't stop building guys. Be inspired, try something new and take your builds to the next level.  :thumbsup:

Ian watching :party: Now I know I have to bring my "A" game.

Until later,
Steven L  :thumbsup: