RF-20 Super Tigereye; Another FAR conversion

Started by FAR148, March 09, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Not much has happen. Be fixing a bunch of panel lines I was not happy with. Just like the drop tank, most of the fuselage will have tiger stripes on it. I got a coat of euro gray on her and soon it will be silly putty for her stripes. Here you can see I added a blade antenna and the refueling probe.

For the underside, I will not have the stripes "wrap around" . It's just going to be neutral gray. To break up the all gray bottom, I preshaded the panel with plain jane flat black. I ran into a problem on the rear. Remeber the rear is Monogram's super dark gray plastic, preshading flat black on it is useless. So I shot the area with some light sea gray. Later today I will go back and preshade the rear.

Thanks for watching and until next time,
Steven  :cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Supertom

Oh my gosh this is stupid awesome. Keep up the good work.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

FAR148

Thanks Ian and Supertom :thumbsup:

Well...I few things happened since I last posted. Since last time, I painted her(neutral gray w/ euro gray tiger stripes), was not happy with the results  :-X, stripped the paint completely. And this morning I got around to preshading her. I am no longer going to do a tiger meet scheme. I am going to do a three color camo with a gray bottom.

Here's a few pics of her as she is now.

Thanks for watching and still more to come,
Steven L :cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: FAR148 on July 27, 2014, 12:40:51 PMHere's a few pics of her as she is now. Thanks for watching and still more to come,

Steven L

There'd better be !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Three colour camo with a grey bottom ! YES !

:tornado:

Usually I'm sorry to hear of painting woes but not this time  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Whatever you do, I know it's going to be awesomely cool, Steven! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Daryl J.

FAR148

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
Things has been a little slow on the build due to it's summertime and airshow season. I did manage to get her first color done today. And no, she will not be Israeli.

Thanks for looking,
Steven L :cheers:

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

Oooh she looks good ! Almost like an old bird in the boneyard right now.

:wub: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

FAR148

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

It's been a while since I posted anything on this build. Well... she sit just like last posted, with one of three colors painted on her. Been distracted by the summer. Been to a few airshows as well as work has been super busy. Makes for more fun money. More fun money = more future projects. I'd like to share a few of them with you all. The first came to me as I was looking for a new paint scheme after my tigermeet scheme incident  :banghead: I was looking at PantherGĀ“s profile thread cause he always comes up with some very interesting paint schemes. The paint scheme I chose for my Super Tigereye is base on one PantherG's OV-1profiles.  >>>Look Here<<< I really like the second one and will be use it. But while looking at it, I thought " Boy, that really looking like a WWII German nightfighter!" My first idea was to change out the engine and use the same wing. But what I'm going to do is use the wings, engines, along with it gear from a Bf-110. Going to make her a tail dragger and remove the center tail.

On to new future project no# 2. I have always loved the look of the Blohm & Voss BV 141. Now that Hobbyboss made one in 1/48 scale, It's going to be a great starting point for my asymmetry fighter. It will have the same feeling as the Blohm & Voss BV P194 but without the jet engine. Not too sure about paint scheme but I'm pretty sure about the armament. She will have a 50mm!  :wacko:

And last but not least, as we all know Revell release their beautiful new tooled 1/48 Tornado earlier this year. Now I can make one of Darth Panada's ROKAF Panavia Tornado. I do know it will be a IDS and not a F3 but what scheme :unsure: All look wonderful. I am looking for a pair of 1/48 Tornado hindenberger tanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Until next time,
Steven L  :thumbsup:

silverwindblade

Glad to hear you've had an exciting summer, I know the feeling about leaving your models standing for a while with all the other stuff distracting you. I've had one much the same!
I'm excited for your new projects as well though - be interesting to see everything that comes out of them. I'm always following your threads.
Good luck finding the Hindenbergers - I was looking for a pair a while ago with no luck, so if you do get hold of any, please let me know where!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Daryl J.

Go4fun

Quote from: Weaver on May 26, 2014, 03:02:28 PM
Fantastic work!  :thumbsup:

Re the cracked window, there's always the Whiffjitsu option: instead of letting it go and saying nothing about it, let it go but make up an outrageous tale in the back story to account for it. Result: you still don't have to fix the crack, and you get some back story "colour" as a bonus.

For instance: you could do it in Chilean colours, then say this is what it looked like after hitting a condor over the Andes, the compensation being the look on the bird's face in the last photo the plane took before it hit it... :wacko:
Q: Was was the last thing to enter this bird's mind?
A: It's tail feathers!
"Just which planet are you from again"?