RF-20 Super Tigereye; Another FAR conversion

Started by FAR148, March 09, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

I only caught this thread now...  :o What an amazing job! I just had to read the whole thing, keep it coming!  :bow:
:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

FAR148

Girls and their accessories.... Heres's a few accessories for my girl. Here's her center line drop tank. It's the original tank from the Monogram F-20 kit. I cut off the fins and rescribed a few lines, preshaded and painted.

Because I hate painting intake trunks  :-X... I made some intake covers. They are just a piece of sheet styrene with a styrene rod wrapped around it. easy and simple!

The RF-20 is used from armed reconnaissance as well as target marking. So her loadout will be for a training mission. She will have an AIM-9X, an ACMI pod and a "Shorty" targeting pod.The 9X and the ACMI pod are hasegawa. The targeting pod is mine. I while back I made a master part and molded it. This one is a resin copy. You can see in this image the brass rods used to attach to the hard point/weapon station.

QuoteToying with an idea eh..... Thumbs Up

Yeah, part of my idea is in this post  ;)

Thanks for dropping by!
Steven L  :drink:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Daryl J.

FAR148

Thanks guys :thumbsup:  Well.... ran into a problem this morning while decaling. I managed to bitch up not one but two of her roundels  :banghead:
So now I'm looking for two ROKAF roundels from Academy's 1/48 F-16C FLYING RAZORBACKS kit no#12204. Need to match the two currently on the model. If anyone has some please let me know. Will pay. Please sent me a PM here and or an email at far148@gmail.com

found some on Evilbay :wacko:

Thanks for looking,
Steven L  :cheers:

kitbasher

Always had a soft spot for the F-5, now officially in love with the F-20!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

FAR148

Decals are done! Still got a ton a little details to do but she's going to be a looker :wub:

The end is near!
Steven L  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Going to be ? Already there ! Lovely lovely job. Love the look of this one.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

Librarian

The F-20, a huge loss to the Western World. Stunning paintwork, makes mine look like a kindergarten job. Gorgeous :wub:.

NARSES2

I'm possibly the only person on this site to whom the F5E/F20 does nothing but I can recognise a superb model when I see one  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Daryl J.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"